Citrix Smart Tools (formerly Citrix Lifecycle Management) is a service of Citrix Cloud. Smart Tools includes the following services to help enterprises and cloud service providers deploy and manage Citrix apps on hypervisors and public and private platforms:
- Smart Build: Deploy XenApp and XenDesktop Delivery Sites and other Citrix workloads on-premises or in the cloud using customizable blueprints.
- Smart Check: Proactively check the health of your Delivery Site for potential issues and receive notifications about applicable component updates.
- Smart Scale: Control Delivery Group scaling in your Delivery Site and associated usage costs.
- Smart Migrate: Simplify migration of the applications and policies in your XenApp 6.x farm or VDI-in-a-Box 5.4 grid to a XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x Delivery Site.
For the full set of documentation on this service, go to https://manage-docs.citrix.com/hc/en-us.
For the Technical Security Overview: https://manage-docs.citrix.com/hc/en-us/articles/212715263
The Smart Tools Service (the Service) is designed using industry best practices to achieve cloud scale and a high degree of service availability.
Citrix’s goal is to maintain at least 99.9% availability in any 30 calendar day period. Service interruptions and scheduled maintenance can be monitored on an ongoing basis at http://status.cloud.com.
The calculation of this Service Level Goal will not include loss of availability from the following causes:
- Customer failure to follow configuration requirements for the service documented on https://manage-docs.citrix.com/hc/en-us.
- Any component not managed by Citrix including, but not limited to, customer controlled physical and virtual machines, customer installed and maintained operating systems and software, customer installed and controlled networking equipment or other hardware; customer defined and controlled security settings, group policies and other configuration policies; public cloud provider failures, Internet Service Provider failures or other external to Citrix’s control.
- Service disruption due to reasons beyond Citrix’s control, including natural disaster, war or acts of terrorism, government action.