If you want to replicate the complete existing state of a NetScaler appliance on another NetScaler appliance, you must replicate the configuration, license, and certificate files. By executing the DeployMasterConfig built-in task without customizing it, you can replicate only the configuration file.
You can customize the DeployMasterConfig built-in task to add additional commands, so that you can replicate license and certificate files to other NetScaler devices, and execute any other commands required for your configuration.
You can customize the DeployMasterConfig built-in task to do the following:
- Add additional commands
- Modify existing commands
- Add variables to commands
- Delete commands
- Change the order of commands
Caution: Be careful when changing the order of commands in the DeployMasterConfig built-in task.
When you customize the DeployMasterConfig built-in task, the commands and variables are imported and you can define the name, category, and description of the task.
To customize the DeployMasterConfig Built-In Task
- On the Configuration tab, navigate to Configuration > Built-in Tasks > NetScaler.
- Select DeployMasterConfig, and then click Save As.
- Under Customize Task, in Task Name, type a name for the task, and in Description, type a description for the task.
- Follow the prompts to complete the configuration.