When you upgrade your edition (for example, Advanced to Enterprise, or Enterprise to Platinum) you receive new Citrix product licenses that you can allocate to one or many Citrix License Servers through license files created at citrix.com. Rescinded licenses must be removed from license servers within ninety (90) days of new license purchase. Removing the licenses enables:
- License asset management
- License compliance
- Remove unnecessary alerts from appearing in the management console
Considerations when deleting files:
- Incorrect removal of license files could inadvertently lower the total licenses available.
- Place any new license files on the license server prior to deleting any licenses.
- Remove a license file only when all INCREMENT lines in the file are obsolete or unnecessary. For example, every increment line has been replaced with a new license as a result of an upgrade.
- If you used the License Administration Console to add license files, you have to update the console UI for any deleted files.
Important: Never delete the options file (citrix.opt) or startup license (citrix_startup.lic).