In mobile, cloud, and virtual desktop environments, applications are deployed in a dynamic and distributed manner. In such an environment, monitoring the applications and diagnosing the application issues can be a challenge, which can affect the user experience and employee productivity.
NetScaler Insight Center, a virtual appliance that runs on XenServer, VMWare ESX, or on Microsoft Hyper-V addresses the application visibility challenge by collecting detailed information about web-application and virtual-desktop traffic, such as flow, user-session-level information, web page performance data, and database information flowing through the NetScaler ADCs, NetScaler Gateway appliances, or CloudBridge appliances at your site and providing actionable reports. It enables IT administrators to troubleshoot as well as proactively monitor customer issues in matter of minutes.
To help you analyze the performance of the applications running on your appliances, NetScaler Insight Center provides insight into all of the components that might affect application performance, and generates performance reports.
NetScaler Insight Center has the following main components:
- Web Insight that delivers data analytics for web traffic flowing through NetScaler ADCs.
- HDX Insight that delivers data analytics for XenApp and XenDesktop traffic flowing through NetScaler ADCs, NetScaler Gateway appliances, or CloudBridge appliances. HDX Insight collects reports when NetScaler ADCs are deployed in transparent mode, and when NetScaler Gateway appliances are deployed in single-hop mode or double-hop mode.
- WAN Insight that delivers data analytics for both accelerated and unaccelerated traffic flowing through CloudBridge appliances
- Gateway Insight Provides visibility into the failures that users encounter when logging on, regardless of the access mode. You can view a list of users logged on at a given time, along with the number of active users, number of active sessions, and bytes and licenses used by all users at any given time.
- Security Insight Provides a single-pane solution to help you assess your application security status and take corrective actions to secure your applications.
Note: NetScaler Insight Center was earlier called NetScaler Insight. At the time of rebranding, the release number was changed from 1.0 to 10.1 aligning with a NetScaler release.