You want to make sure that certain configurations are running on specific instances for optimal performance of your network. You also want to monitor configuration changes across managed NetScaler instances, troubleshoot configuration errors, and recover unsaved configurations after a sudden system shutdown.
You can create audit templates with specific configurations you want running on certain instances. The NetScaler MAS compares these instances with the audit template and reports if there is a mismatch in configuration. This enables you to troubleshoot and rectify the errors.
To create audit templates
1. Navigate to Infrastructure > Configuration Audit > Audit Templates, and click Add.
2. On the Create Template page, specify the template name and its description.
3. In the Configuration Editor, type in your commands. Click Next.
4. Select the instances on which you want this configuration to be available. Click Finish.
The audit template appears in the Audit Templates list and is run every 12 hours against the configurations in the specified instances.
You can also use the Configuration Audit dashboard to view high-level details about configuration changes such as the top ten instances by configuration change or the number of saved and unsaved configurations.
You can also force an audit on an instance. To do so, click the NetScaler Config Saved Status chart or NetScaler Config Drift chart. On the Audit Reports page, select the instance and, in the Action list, select Poll Now.
To set configuration audit notifications
- Navigate to Infrastructure > Configuration Audit.
- On the Configuration Audit page, click Settings.
- On the Notification Settings page, click the Edit icon, to enable the notification settings.
- Select the Enabled check box and then, choose an email distribution list from the drop-down list. You can also create an email distribution list by clicking the + icon and specifying email server details.