For information specific to the XenMobile cloud offering, see XenMobile Service.
For the XenMobile Server and apps, Citrix supports the current and prior two versions of XenMobile. For a list of new features, known and fixed issues in the prior two versions, see:
For PDFs of the documentation for all versions earlier than the most recent version, see the Archive List of Legacy Documents.
XenMobile 9. This version reached the End of Life (EOL) lifecycle status as of June 30, 2017. When a product release reaches EOL, you can use the product within the terms of your product licensing agreement, but the available support options are limited. Historical information appears in the Knowledge Center or other online resources. The documentation is no longer updated and is provided on an as-is basis. For more information about product lifecycle milestones, see the Product Matrix.
For five years beyond the EOL date, you can download a PDF of the XenMobile 9 documentation from the Archive List of Legacy Documents.
For more information about moving from XenMobile 9 XenMobile 10.x or to XenMobile Service via Citrix Cloud, see this Citrix.com page.
You can directly upgrade to XenMobile 10.6 from XenMobile 10.5, 10.4, or 9.0. You have these options for upgrading to XenMobile 10.6:
- To upgrade from XenMobile 10.5 or XenMobile 10.4 to XenMobile 10.6. Use the Release Management page in the XenMobile console. You do not use the Upgrade Tool to upgrade XenMobile 10 installations.
To perform the upgrade, you use xms_10.6.0.22 bin. In the XenMobile console, click the gear icon in the upper-right corner of the console and then click Release Management. Click Upgrade and then upload the BIN file. Upgrade files for supported hypervisors are:
- To upgrade from XenMobile 10.3.6 to XenMobile 10.6. Use the Release Management page in the XenMobile console to upgrade in the following sequence. You do not use the Upgrade Tool for these installations.
- Upgrade from XenMobile 10.3.6 to XenMobile 10.5.
- Upgrade from XenMobile 10.5 to XenMobile 10.6.
- To upgrade from XenMobile 10 or 10.1 to XenMobile 10.6. First, use the Release Management page in the XenMobile console to upgrade in the following sequence. You do not use the Upgrade Tool for these installations.
- Upgrade from XenMobile 10 or 10.1 to XenMobile 10.3.5
- Upgrade from XenMobile 10.3.5 to XenMobile 10.4.
- Upgrade from XenMobile 10.4 to XenMobile 10.6.
- To upgrade from XenMobile 9.0 to XenMobile 10.6. Use the XenMobile Upgrade Tool that is built in to the latest XenMobile release. The Upgrade Tool supports all XenMobile 9 editions: MDM, App, and Enterprise.
For information about upgrading, see Upgrade and its subarticles.
To complete a new installation of the latest release of XenMobile, see Install and configure.