A channel can be identified by the FQDN, so that tenants can use it to access the channel. As part of channel-specific branding, the service provider can assign a unique FQDN prefix to a channel. This FQDN prefix is a prefix to the CPBM Host URL. When a user accesses the CPBM host URL using the FQDN, the FQDN is used to resolve the channel context for the user. The FQDN is used to resolve to the channel-specific Sign-up page and Anonymous Catalog.
Additional configuration is needed to use the FQDN.
- Modify public.host setting to the appropriate hostname.
- Log in to CloudPortal Business Manager as Root user.
- Click the drop-down menu icon in the top right corner next to ROOT
Administration > Configuration
Settings > Configure.
- Click Edit.
- Modify the public.host setting to the appropriate hostname.
- Click Save and then, click Close.
- Configure the DNS settings to redirect incoming traffic to the correct host based on subdomain of all the channels.
- For CAS:
- Edit the cloud.properties file to give the correct hostname in cas.service.url that you have specified in Step 1.
- Modify the cas.service.url (specified in Enabling CAS Authentication) as given below: