Customers can add more profiles to CloudPortal Business Manager, if required.
Below are the steps to create new profile.:
- Create new entry for the profile in database. Add a liquibase change
set to file custom-db-config-v0.1.xml located in bundle
A sample liquibase change set is as follows:
<changeSet id="1373375974" author="John">
<column name="name" value="SuperUser"/>
<column name="description" value="This is a super user"/>
<column name="scope" value="<TENANT/TENANT_ADMIN/GLOBAL/GLOBAL_ADMIN>"/>
Note: In above example, "SuperUser" is the sample name of the profile and
"This is a super user" is the sample description of the profile.
- Add value of the profile to be displayed in UI. CloudPortal Business Manager looks for
value of code "profileName.<profile name>" in application
resource. Add a property "profileName.<profile name>" into
the application resource. See Customizing Resource Properties
Example: profileName.SuperUser=Super User
- Restart the CPBM server:
service cloud-portal stop
service cloud-portal start
- Login to CloudPortal Business Manager as Root user and navigate to Administration > Profiles.
- If the scope provided by you in Step 1 is TENANT or TENANT_ADMIN,
then your new profile will appear in the Customer tab, else it will
appear in the Service Provider tab.
- Select the new profile and check all the roles you want in the
profile and click Save.
you can select this profile when creating new users.
To understand the scope in detail, refer to Security Roles.