The Hosted Apps and Desktops service allows service providers to provision customers, including resellers, with XenApp resources managed by Citrix App Studio. Using Services Manager to provision a customer with the Hosted Apps and Desktops service results in the following operations in Citrix App Studio:
- Creates the customer as a tenant in Citrix App Studio.
- Creates advertisement subscriptions for the tenant in Citrix App Studio.
Configuration of the Hosted Apps and Desktops service includes creating user plans containing App Studio advertisements, which are the published apps and desktops available to a tenant. When you enable a user plan for a customer, Services Manager creates an Active Directory user group for the customer and associates the group to the subscription in Citrix App Studio.
- Creates a Web Interface site for the tenant at the isolation level selected.
The Hosted Apps and Desktops service includes three pre-configured customer plans that correspond to the shared, private site, and private server isolation levels for Web Interface sites. For information about tenant Web Interface site isolation, refer to the Citrix App Studio product documentation located in Citrix eDocs.
Provisioning a user with the Hosted Apps and Desktops service results in the following operation in Citrix App Studio:
Deleting a user plan results in the following operations in Citrix App Studio:
- If the advertisements in the user plan are unique to the plan, the Hosted Apps and Desktops service removes from App Studio subscriptions that map to the user plan.
- If an advertisement in the user plan is provisioned to the customer as part of another user plan, the Hosted Apps and Desktops service retains the subscription and removes from it the user group that corresponds to the deleted user plan.