CloudPortal Services Manager supports a variety of services that service providers can provision to resellers and customers. Service configuration typically involves the following tasks:
- Enable the service
- Add credentials for accessing the servers and management tools
- Add the servers associated with the service
- Assign service roles to the servers
- Add service connections to integrate the servers into the CloudPortal Services Manager
- Assign servers to a collection (does not apply to many services)
- Configure the service settings
The configuration steps differ for each service and are described in detail in the topics dedicated to each service.
Applying Cost Values to Service Properties
Service providers can apply a cost value to service properties at various levels (service level, customer plan, and user plan) depending on the type of service. The values are used in monthly billing reports. Pricing values are inherited from the Top Environment Services level and overridden at the reseller and customer levels.
The Prices properties typically appear at the end of the service, customer plan, and user plan settings. The properties include a cost price and sales price. Cost price is the minimum price for a user plan. Sales price is the recommended purchase price, with a recommended value that is equal or greater than the cost price. The Prices properties for Exchange Services also include a price per mailbox value that is the unit price for mailbox usage that exceeds the agreed limit for public folders.