This topic describes configuring the CRM 2011 service with Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS).
Before configuring the CRM 2011 service, ensure the following items are present:
- CRM 2011 is deployed in your environment. For more information, refer to the CRM product documentation.
- The Internet-facing Deployment (IFD) feature of CRM 2011 has been configured. This enables integration of ADFS with CRM 2011.
- User connections to CRM 2011 are successful. Verify there are no certificate errors. Test the environment by creating an organization using CRM 2011 Deployment Manager and, afterward, browsing to the site.
- Ensure the CortexAdmins group has been added to the CRM Deployment Administrators group.
- Ensure all CRM service accounts have been added to the CortexAdmins group.
- Ensure a service account called CRMadfsSVC has been created. This account must have Read permissions to all user objects in AD. Ensure the account has been added to the Local Administrators group on the ADFS server.