The Services Manager CRM service enables you to deliver Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0. This service supports Internet-Facing Deployments (IFDs), which makes CRM 4.0 organizations available from the Internet. To configure IFD support, use the procedure "To configure support for Internet-facing deployments" included in this topic.
- A CRM administrator account (used for CRM administration only):
- Configure the Service Principal Name (SPN) of the CRM administrator account with the name of the CRM server.
On a domain controller, run the following command:
setspn -A http/CRM_SERVER_FQDN "LAB1CRMAdmin"
where CRM_SERVER_FQDN is the fully-qualified domain name of the CRM server and CRMAdmin is the CRM Administrator account.
- Change the CRM Application Pool identity to use the CRM administrator account. For IIS 7:
- Open IIS Manager on the CRM server.
- Navigate to CRMAppPool, select it, and in the Actions pane click Advanced Settings.
- In the Process Model section, select Identity, click Browse, click Custom account, and then click Set.
- Enter the credentials for the CRM administrator account.
- In crmlocationMSCRMServicesweb.config, set the impersonate value to true: <identity impersonate="true"/>
- Configure Windows Authentication on the CRM site:
- This requirement does not apply to IIS 6 or IIS 7 if Forms Authentication is used.
- Disable Ensure Anonymous authentication.
- Enable Windows Authentication.
- Disable user creation in CRM 4. Use the procedure "To disable user creation" included in this topic.