You can import new or edit existing users in a customer hierarchy by using the Bulk User Import
feature. This feature enables you to create new or modify existing multiple users as specified in a Microsoft Excel 97-2003 format workbook (.xls). You can download a new blank template or a workbook populated with existing user information from the portal. In either scenario, you:
- Download the appropriate template
- Create new or edit existing users
- Upload the template to the portal
- Select users to add or update
- Provision services to the users and then provision the users
After uploading the template, Services Manager gives you the opportunity to perform the following actions:
- Resend the file process request to upload the template again
- Import the users from the template you uploaded
- Download the template you uploaded
- Cancel the bulk user import process
- Delete the file from the imported file list
Bulk User Import Template Settings describes the template's workbook headings and settings.
Consider the following when you create or edit a Bulk User Import template:
- Do not rename the column headings in the templates.
- Do not leave blank rows between users.
- The templates do not support provisioning new services to users. You must provision services to users through the Services Manager by using the User Functions or Multi User Selection features.