The Web Site Import tool enables service providers to import and configure IIS 7 web sites for customers. After provisioning, the customer's administrator can manage the site using the IIS Manager.
Before importing web sites, the following prerequisites must be met:
- The user performing the import must have Service Provider Administrator privileges.
- The web server currently hosting the sites is configured with the Windows Web-Hosting server role (
- The web server currently hosting the sites is included in an applicable server collection (
- A server connection has been set up for the web server currently hosting the sites (
- The customer for whom the web sites are imported has a Services Manager account. However, the Windows Web-Hosting service does not need to be provisioned to the customer. When the first web site is migrated, Services Manager provisions the Windows Web-Hosting service and enables the server hosting the site.