This topic provides troubleshooting tips for when the "Before snapshot" does not run when attempting to perform an Install Capture.
Many Install Capture issues can be diagnosed and resolved by re-running the Virtual Machine Configuration Wizard
(which performs a number of checks and provides targeted troubleshooting information when problems occur).
Check Remote Admin
Open the Windows Task Manager on the virtual machine and check whether RemoteAdmin.exe is running.
- If RemoteAdmin.exe is not running, it generally means that you need to install the AppDNA VM Configuration MSI. You may also need to take another snapshot of the virtual machine.
- If RemoteAdmin.exe is running, it may be that the virtual machine configuration is looking for it in the wrong location. Establish its location on the virtual machine. (The default location is C:\Program Files\Citrix\AppDNA\VM Configuration, or C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\AppDNA\VM Configuration on a 64-bit virtual machine.) Then check where AppDNA is looking for it and if necessary correct it.
Check and correct where AppDNA is looking for RemoteAdmin.exe:
- From the AppDNA menus, choose
- On the left side of the Settings dialog box, click Install Capture.
- On the Virtual Machines tab, select the virtual machine configuration you are using and click Advanced. This opens the Virtual Machine Configuration Dialog Box.
- Click the Replaceables tab and check that the value of the AppToolsFolder replaceable matches the correct location of RemoteAdmin.exe on the virtual machine. The default value for the AppToolsFolder replaceable uses the %APPDNAVMCONFIG% environment variable, which is created by the AppDNA VM Configuration MSI and stores the actual installed location of Remote Admin.
- If necessary correct the value of the AppToolsFolder replaceable.
- Click OK and Save.
If you have created your own execution profile or are using an older execution profile, the AppToolsFolder
replaceable may not be used to specify the location of Remote Admin. You may then need to edit the execution profile to specify the correct location. See Edit an execution profile
for more information.
If the virtual machine is still running, close down the virtual machine. Then start the Install Capture again. If this is not successful, follow the steps described in Troubleshooting Remote Admin connectivity.
No problem with Remote Admin
If, after checking and correcting problems related to Remote Admin as described above, you find that the virtual machine starts up but the “before” snapshot still does not run:
- Select the Troubleshoot Errors option for the VM in Edit > Settings.
- Check that the operating system in the virtual machine automatically logs in at startup.
- Check that the host and virtual machine IP addresses are valid.
- Check that the AppDNA
machine can ping the virtual machine, and vice versa.
- Check that you can browse to the AppDNA
machine from the virtual machine by using the UNC path (\\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\).
- Check that there are no login prompts when browsing to and from the virtual machine and that any passwords are saved or cached.