This topic lists the supported systems and pre-requisites for the AppDNA server and client. Be sure to also read the Prepare to install topic before installing AppDNA.
Quick links to topic sections:
For a complete installation (server and client)
For small proof-of-concept deployments: A Windows laptop with at least 4 GB of RAM is usually sufficient.
For production deployments:
- Server-class physical or virtual machine with at least 12 GB of RAM
Additional memory might be required for the Interoperability solution if you choose to analyze a large number of applications. The amount of additional memory is dependent on the number of applications and size of the application DNA. In testing, a portfolio of 2,500 applications required 12GB RAM for optimum performance during interoperability analysis.
- To support up to 200 applications:
- Dual core 2Ghz processor
- One hard drive with at least 80GB free disk space
- To support over 200 applications:
- 2 x dual core 2Ghz processor
- 150GB+ free disk space
- The database (.mdf file) should be installed on a separate high performance (10K/15K) physical hard disk from the operating system and when possible the database log file (.ldf) should be moved to a separate physical hard disk.
For a client only installation
Supported operating systems
The AppDNA server is supported on the following OS platforms (64-bit only):
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
The AppDNA client is supported on the following desktop platforms (32-bit and 64-bit):
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Microsoft Windows 8.1
- Microsoft Windows 8
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP1
AppDNA server requirements
Important: The AppDNA server must be installed on a dedicated machine.
- Microsoft .NET Framework — The following versions are required:
.NET 3.5 SP1 is required even if you have a later version. Later versions of .NET do not include all of the features required for AppDNA. Multiple versions of .NET can co-exist on the same machine. See MSDN
for more information.
- .NET Framework 4.5 or 4.0
- .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
- Microsoft SQL Server — The following versions are supported:
- SQL Server 2014
- SQL Server 2014 Express Edition (built-in 10GB database size limit)
- SQL Server 2012
- SQL Server 2012 Express Edition (built-in 10GB database size limit)
- SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1
AppDNA does not support SQL Server AlwaysOn.
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
AppDNA supports the versions of IIS that are compatible with the version of Windows in use. By default, IIS is not enabled when Windows is installed.
The name of the machine on which you install the AppDNA server must conform to the IIS requirements for domain names: It must consist only of Latin characters a through z, A through Z, digits 0 through 9, or the hyphen character (-). The name must not start or end with a hyphen and must not contain an underscore (_) character.
AppDNA requires the following IIS and ASP.NET features.
Web Management Tools
- IIS Management Compatibility
- IIS Metabase and IIS 7 Configuration Compatibility
- IIS Management Console
- IIS Management Scripts and Tools
- IIS Management Service
- IIS Application Initialization
- IIS IP Security
- IIS URL Authorization
World Wide Web Services
- Application Development Features
- .NET Extensibility
- ASP .NET (not Windows Server 2012)
- ASP .NET 4.5 or 4.0 (Windows Server 2012)
- ASP .NET 3.5 (Windows Server 2012)
- ISAPI Extensions
- ISAPI Filters
- Server-Side Includes
- Common HTTP Features
- Default Document
- Directory Browsing
- HTTP Errors
- HTTP Redirection
- Static Content
- Health and Diagnostics
- HTTP Logging
- Request Monitor
- Performance Features
- Dynamic Content Compression
- Static Content Compression
- Basic Authentication
- Request Filtering
- Windows Authentication
- Internet Explorer 11, 10, 9, 8, 7 or 6, Microsoft Edge (AppDNA 7.6.5 and later)
on those systems or use the AppDNA client on a remote machine to view reports and Help.
Citrix License Server requirement
For XenApp or XenDesktop Platinum licenses only: The minimum supported Citrix License Server version is 11.10.