Before you configure settings on NetScaler Gateway, review the following prerequisites:
- NetScaler Gateway is physically installed in your network and has access to the network. NetScaler Gateway is deployed in the DMZ or internal network behind a firewall. You can also configure NetScaler Gateway in a double-hop DMZ and configure connections to a server farm. Citrix recommends deploying the appliance in the DMZ.
- You configure NetScaler Gateway with a default gateway or with static routes to the internal network so users can access resources in the network. NetScaler Gateway is configured to use static routes by default.
- The external servers used for authentication and authorization are configured and running. For more information, see Authentication and Authorization.
- The network has a domain name server (DNS) or Windows Internet Naming Service (WINS) server for name resolution to provide correct NetScaler Gateway user functionality.
- You downloaded the Universal licenses for user connections with the NetScaler Gateway Plug-in from the Citrix web site and the licenses are ready to be installed on NetScaler Gateway.
- NetScaler Gateway has a certificate that is signed by a trusted Certificate Authority (CA). For more information, see Installing and Managing Certificates.
Before you install
NetScaler Gateway, use the Pre-Installation Checklist to write down your