XenMobile 8.7 includes updates and enhancements to the following components: App Controller, Device Manager, Worx Home, and WorxMail.
To download the XenMobile 8.7 release, as well an update for Device Manager and App Controller, see the Citrix website. To download the latest MDX Toolkit and Worx apps, see the XenMobile website.
- Shared device management. You can enroll and manage devices that are shared between multiple users. Users' resources are automatically loaded onto the device when they log on and then removed again when they log off. This feature is only available with XenMobile MDM Edition.
- Windows 8.1 devices. You can enroll and manage devices running Windows 8.1, including Windows RT 8.1. Auto-discovery for user enrollment is required to enable management of Windows 8.1 devices.
- Amazon device VPN configurations. You can create and deliver policies to configure VPN settings on Amazon devices. This feature is only available with XenMobile MDM Edition.
- NTLM 2 authentication to the database. The Windows NT LAN Manager (NTLM) version 2 authentication protocol is supported for connections to Device Manager databases hosted on Microsoft SQL Server.
- PIN history. You can now prevent the reuse of previous PINs. Worx Home supports a PIN history and enables you to configure the number of PIN cycles that must pass before a PIN can be reused.
- Dutch language. Worx Home now supports the Dutch language.
- Allow external attachments. You can allow or block the attachment of files from other apps to WorxMail messages. By default, attachments are allowed.
- Improved attachment download experience for iOS users. Attachments now download in the background, enabling users to read messages and do other activities simultaneously. You can also download multiple attachments at the same time.
- Improved attachment send experience for iOS users. WorxMail now offers iOS users native support for .png attachments, allows users to review attachments before sending, and sends higher quality .jpg images.
- Improved calendar functionality. Meeting organizers can now edit their events and revise their invitees in WorxMail.
- Enhanced Inbox organization. Users can now choose to organize their Inbox by the order messages appear or in Conversation (iOS)/Thread (Android) view.
- IBM Notes support for iOS. If you use IBM Notes for email, users with iOS devices can now seamlessly receive their mail through the secure WorxMail.
- SMS functionality to anyone in the Contacts list for iOS. Users with iOS devices can now send text messages to anyone in their WorxMail Contacts list. FaceTime messaging is also supported.
- Contact list automatic synchronization for iOS. This feature allows a one-way synchronization of users' Contact lists from their WorxMail list to their devices' native Contacts list.
- Support for Microsoft Lync join links. Users can join Lync audio meetings by tapping a link within the calendar event.
- Prevent users from changing the mail server setting. You can enter a fully qualified domain name (FQDN) in the WorxMail Exchange Server field on the Policies page of the App Controller management console to keep users from entering their own mail server information, thereby preventing data loss from the container.
- Enhanced GoToMeeting dial-in functionality. If no dial-in phone numbers are found for the user’s country, but the meeting invite body includes international numbers, a list of these numbers appears before dialing out. This allows the user to decide whether to make an international call. Alternatively, if multiple numbers for the user's country are found, a list of those numbers appears for the user's choice.
- Inline image support for Android users. Android users can now enhance their messages by adding images in line with the text.
- Dutch language. WorxMail now supports the Dutch language.