Adding NetScaler CPX Instances to NetScaler Management and Analytics System
You must add the NetScaler CPX instances installed on a Docker host to the NetScaler MAS server if you want to manage and monitor these instances.
You can add instances either while setting up the NetScaler MAS server for the first time or at a later time.
To add instances, you must specify either the host name or IP address of each instance, or a range of IP addresses. You must then specify an instance profile that NetScaler MAS can use to access the instance.
This instance profile contains the user name and password of the instance(s) that you want to add to NetScaler MAS. For each instance type, a default profile is available. For example, the ns-root-profile is the default profile for NetScaler instances. This profile is defined by the default NetScaler administrator credentials. If you have changed the default admin credentials of your instances, you can define custom instance profiles for those instances. If you change the credentials of an instance after the instance is discovered, you must edit the instance profile or create a new profile, and then rediscover the instance.
Make sure that you have:
- Installed the NetScaler MAS server on Citrix XenServer. For more information, see NetScaler MAS Documentation.
- Installed the NetScaler CPX instances on a Docker host.
To add NetScaler CPX instances to NetScaler MAS:
1. In a web browser, type the IP address of the NetScaler Management and Analytics System (for example,
2. In the User Name and Password fields, enter the administrator credentials. The default administrator credentials are nsroot and nsroot.
3. Navigate to Infrastructure > Instances. Under Instances, select the NetScaler CPX and click Add.
4. Select one of the following options:
- Enter Device IP address - Specify either the host name or IP address of each instance, or a range of IP addresses.
- Import from file - From your local system, upload a text file that contains the IP addresses of all the instances you want to add.
5. From Profile Name, select the appropriate instance profile, or create a new profile by clicking the + icon.
6. Specify the HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, and SNMP port details of the host. You can also specify the range of ports that were published by the host in the Start Port and Number of ports field. Also, if your NetScaler CPX IP address is reachable from the NetScaler MAS server, select the Routable checkbox. If your NetScaler CPX IP address is reachable through the host, uncheck the Routable checkbox and specify the host’s IP address.
7. Click OK to initiate the process of adding instances to NetScaler MAS.
If you want to rediscover an instance, navigate to Infrastructure > Instances > NetScaler <Instance Type>, select the instance you want to rediscover, and then from the Action drop-down list, click Rediscover.