Configure SAML single sign-on
To provide single sign-on capabilities across applications that are hosted on the service provider, you can configure SAML single sign-on on the SAML SP.
Configuring SAML single sign-on by using the command line interface
Configure the SAML SSO profile.
In the following command, Example is the load balancing virtual server that has a web link from the SharePoint portal. Nssp.example.com is the Traffic Management virtual server that is load balancing the SharePoint server.
add tm samlSSOProfile tm-saml-sso -samlSigningCertName nssp -assertionConsumerServiceURL "https://nssp2.example.com/cgi/samlauth" -relaystateRule "\\"https://nssp2.example.com/samlsso.html\\"" -sendPassword ON -samlIssuerName nssp.example.com<!--NeedCopy-->
Associate the SAML SSO profile with the traffic action.
The following command enables SSO and binds the SAML SSO profile created above to a traffic action.
add tm trafficAction html\_act -SSO ON -samlSSOProfile tm-saml-sso<!--NeedCopy-->
Configure the traffic policy that specifies when the action must be executed.
The following command associates the traffic action with a traffic policy.
add tm trafficPolicy html_pol "HTTP.REQ.URL.CONTAINS(\\"abc.html\\")" html_act<!--NeedCopy-->
Bind the traffic policy created previously to a traffic management virtual server (load balancing or content switching). Alternatively, the traffic policy can be associated globally.
This traffic management virtual server must be associated with the relevant authentication virtual server that is associated with the SAML action.
bind lb vserver lb1_ssl -policyName html_pol -priority 100 -gotoPriorityExpression END -type REQUEST<!--NeedCopy-->
Configuring SAML single sign-on by using the GUI
To configure SAML single sign-on you need to define the SAML SSO profile, the traffic profile, and the traffic policy and bind the traffic policy to a traffic management virtual server or globally to the Citrix ADC appliance.
Navigate to Security > AAA-Application Traffic > Policies > Traffic > SAML SSO Profiles and click Add.
On the Create SAML SSO Profiles page, enter values for the following fields and click Create.
- Name - Name for the SAML SSO Profile
- Assertion Consumer Service Url - URL to which the assertion is to be sent
- Signing Certificate Name - Name of the SSL certificate that is used to Sign Assertion
- SP Certificate Name - Name of the SSL certificate of a peer/receiving party using which Assertion is encrypted
- Issuer Name - The name to be used in requests sent from Citrix ADC to IdP to uniquely identify Citrix ADC
- Signature Algorithm - Algorithm to be used to sign/verify SAML transactions
- Digest Method - Audience for which assertion sent by IdP is applicable. This is typically entity name or url that represents a ServiceProvider
- Audience - Audience for which an assertion sent by IdP is applicable. This is typically an entity name or url that represents a ServiceProvider
- Skew Time (mins) - The number of minutes on either side of current time that the assertion would be valid
- Sign Assertion - Option to sign portions of assertion when Citrix ADC IDP sends one. Based on the user selection, either Assertion or Response or Both or none can be signed.
- Name ID Format - Format of Name Identifier sent in Assertion
- Name ID Expression - Expression that will be evaluated to obtain NameIdentifier to be sent in assertion
Navigate to Security > AAA-Application Traffic > Policies>Traffic > Traffic Profiles and click Add.
On the Create Traffic Profile page, enter values for the following fields, and click Create.
- Name - Name for the traffic action.
- AppTimeout (minutes) - Time interval, in minutes, of user inactivity after which the connection is closed.
- Single Sign-on - Select ON
- SAML SSO Profile - Select the created SAML SSSO Profile
- KCD Account - Kerberos constrained delegation account name
- SSO User Expression - Expression that will be evaluated to obtain user name for SingleSignOn
- SSO Password Expression - Expression that will be evaluated to obtain password for SingleSignOn
Navigate to Security > AAA-Application Traffic > Policies > Traffic > Traffic Policies and click Add.
On the Create Traffic policy page, enter values for the following, and click Create.
- Name – Name of the traffic policy to be created
- Profile – Select the created Traffic profile
- Expression – Advanced policy expression that the policy uses to respond to specific request. For example, true.
To bind the traffic policy to a traffic management virtual server, select a virtual server.
Select Traffic in the Choose Policy field and select Request in the Choose Type field, and click Continue.
![Click to add policy(/en-us/citrix-adc/media/saml-9.png)
Under Select Policy field, click to select the created traffic .
Click Bind to bind the traffic policy to the virtual server.