OS Layer (Required)
Platform Layer (Required for cross-platform deployments)
The Platform Layer contains the software required for publishing to your environment, in this case:
- Citrix MCS Device imaging tools
The Platform Layer must have the same hardware settings as the OS Layer. You choose these settings when deploying the VM for the OS and Platform Layers.
App Layers (Optional)
You can create an Image Template without App Layers. This is useful for testing your OS Layer before using it to create App Layers.
Create an Image Template
To create an Image Template:
- In the App Layering Management Console, select the Images module, then click Create Template. This opens the Create Template wizard.
- In the Name and Description tab, enter a Name for the template and notes in the Description field, so you can identify the template when choosing one for publishing a Layered Image.
- In the OS Layer tab, select one of the Available OS Layers. If there is more than one Layer Version, the most recent version is selected by default. You can choose an older version by expanding the Layer and choosing a different one.
- In the App Assignment tab, select the App Layers to include in the Layered Images that you publish using this template.
On the Connector page, select a Citrix MCS for vSphere Connector Configuration for the location where you want to publish the Layered Image.
If you do not yet have a Connector Configuration for Citrix MCS for Nutanix AHV, add one. Click New, choose the Connector Type, and follow the instructions to Create a Connector Configuration.
In the Platform Layer tab, select a Platform Layer with the tools and hardware settings that you need to publish Layered Images to your environment. For details, click here.
On the Layered Image Disk page, edit the following fields, as needed:
- (Optional) Layered Image Disk File name. Enter a name for the Layered Image Disk.
- Layered Image Disk Size. The default disk size of 100 GB is recommended.
- Layered Image Disk Format. The default disk format is VHD, but you can also select VMDK or QCOW2.
- Elastic Layering - Select the Application Layering option to activate Elastic Layering on this Layered Image.
- User Layer - (Labs feature) When enabled in System Settings, you can select the Office 365 option to save the settings and data for users assigned an Office 365 App layer. Similarly, the Full option saves the settings and data for users assigned any other App Layer (exclusive of Office 365.)
- On the Confirm and Complete tab, enter any comments you would like for this layer, and click Create Template.
The new Template icon appears in the Images module.
You can now use the image template to publish layered images to MCS running in vSphere: