You can create Image Templates to publish Layered Images to your target platform. From there, you can then use the Layered Image to provision servers on your chosen publishing platform. An Image Template stores your Layer assignments, along with a Layer icon and description. You can easily edit an Image Template and use it to publish new versions of your Layered Images.
To create an Image Template you need a Platform Layer containing the software required for your environment. When publishing images to PVS for XenApp users, the following must be installed on the Platform Layer:
1. In the App Layering Management Console (UMC), select the Images module and then click Create Template. This opens the Create Template wizard.
2. In the Name and Description tab, enter a Name for the template and notes in the Description field. This lets you identify the template when choosing one for publishing a Layered Image.
3. In the OS Layer tab, select one of the Available OS Layers. If there is more than one Layer version, the most recent version is selected by default. You can choose an older version by expanding the Layer and choosing a different one.
4. In the App Assignment tab, select the App Layers to include in the Layered Images that you publish using this template.
5. On the Connector tab, select the PVS Connector Configuration that includes the information needed to publish the Layered Image to the correct location. If the Connector Configuration you need is not available, add one. Click New, choose the Connector Type, and follow the instructions to Create a Connector Configuration.
6. On the Platform Layer tab, select a Platform Layer containing the tools and hardware settings that you need to publish Layered Images to your PVS location.
7. On the Layered Image Disk tab, edit the following fields, as needed:
8. On the Confirm and Complete tab, enter any comments you would like for this layer and then click Create Template.
The new Template icon appears in the Images module.