Citrix Provisioning for Microsoft Office 365
Citrix Provisioning for Microsoft Office 365 is a service in Citrix Cloud that enables IT administrators to assign Office 365 subscription licenses alongside other Citrix apps and services within Citrix Cloud. The result is simplified user management and centralized control from a single console. Citrix Provisioning for Microsoft Office 365 also provides license verification and usage data to optimize management thus help minimize unused licenses.
Prerequisites for Microsoft Office 365
- Buy the Office 365 Business Plan from Microsoft.
- Integrate your on-premises Active Directory with Azure Active Directory using Azure AD Connect. Citrix Provisioning for Microsoft Office 365 currently supports synchronized and federated identity models to setup and manage user accounts.
Using Citrix Provisioning for Microsoft Office 365
Once you have synced users in your Active Directory to your Office 365 account, you can start using this Citrix Cloud Labs service and assign Office 365 subscription licenses alongside other Citrix apps and services to your users.
Task 1: Sign up for Citrix Cloud
Go to http://onboarding.cloud.com to sign up for Citrix Cloud.
Task 2: Access the Citrix Provisioning for Microsoft Office 365 service
From the Citrix Cloud management console menu, click Labs > Citrix Provisioning for Microsoft Office 365.
You will then be presented with 3 steps to get started.
Task 3: One-time setup to use Citrix Provisioning for Microsoft Office 365
Connect Citrix Cloud with your Office 365 account
To connect Citrix Cloud to your Office 365 account, you will be redirected to the Microsoft site where you will have to log on using your Office 365 credentials.
Connect on-premises Active Directory with Citrix Cloud
To connect your on-premises Active Directory to Citrix Cloud, you need to install the Citrix Cloud Connector in your resource location. For more details about installing the Cloud Connector, see Cloud Connector Installation.
Citrix recommends installing two Cloud Connectors for high availability on physical or virtual Windows Server 2012 R2 or later that are joined to the domain.
Publish and deliver Office 365 along with other Citrix apps and service to your end users
You can now assign Office 365 licenses along with other Citrix apps and services using Library. Follow below steps to deliver these apps and services.
Select Office 365 plan along with other Citrix Services that you may have.
Subscribe users: Search for users in your Active Directory and assign them to the offering.
Track user assignment and license consumption
Citrix Provisioning for Microsoft Office 365 allows IT administrators to understand user license assignment and overall Office 365 subscriber license consumption.
You can view this information using the User List and License Usage tabs in the service UI as shown below.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is responsible for buying Office 365 subscription licenses and from what source? The IT administrator is responsible for buying Office 365 subscription from Microsoft site.
- Who can access the Office 365 service in Citrix Cloud and from what source? Anyone can access the service using the Citrix Cloud Labs section.
- What is the cost of using Office 365 from within Citrix Cloud? Citrix Cloud does not charge to integrate your Office 365 account with Citrix Cloud.
- Can I manually create users in the Office 365 administrator panel and then use Citrix Cloud to provision licenses? No. Citrix Provisioning for Microsoft Office 365 Service in Citrix Cloud only supports integration with directory services. For this the administrator needs to install Microsoft Azure Active Directory Connect to sync the on-premises identities to Azure AD. Once synchronization is enabled you will be able to see the users in the Citrix Cloud Office 365 console. You can then provision licenses to users along with other services.
- Who is responsible for maintaining the users sync process between on-premises AD and Azure AD? The IT administrator is responsible to maintain the sync process running and updated.
- Does this service support both users and groups license assignment for Office 365? No. At present the service only supports user subscription license assignment.
- Does Citrix store my office 365 account credentials? No, Citrix Cloud does not store any account credentials. It redirects administrator to Microsoft site to validate and provide access.
- How can the end user access the assigned Office 365 plans? The end user can access Office 365 using https://login.microsoftonline.com/ or any other method provided by Microsoft.