Monitor licenses and active usage for Citrix Managed Desktops service
Citrix Cloud assigns a license when a unique user or unique device launches a desktop for the first time.
The licensing summary provides an at-a-glance view of the following information:
- Percentage of total purchased licenses assigned (used). As the percentage approaches 100%, the percentage goes from green to yellow. If the percentage exceeds 100%, the percentage turns red.
- The ratio of assigned licenses to purchased licenses and the number of available licenses remaining.
Click View Usage Details to see a breakdown of usage reports and trends, plus a list of users who are consuming Citrix Managed Desktops licenses.
You can download usage information for a standard or specified interval.
The information includes meter usage for:
- Azure VMs
- Network connections, such as VNet peering
- Azure storage items, such as managed disks, block blobs, and page blobs
Data can take up to 72 hours after the end of a day/month to reflect all usage.
Click Download Data to generate and download a CSV file to your local machine.
Usage trends and license activity
The Usage Trends breakdown shows the following information:
- Total Licenses: Your total purchased licenses for the cloud service across all entitlements.
- Previously Assigned: The number of licenses that were assigned in the previous month. For example, a user accesses the cloud service for the first time in July and is assigned a license. This license is counted as “Newly Assigned” for the month of July. For the month of August, this license is counted as “Previously Assigned.”
- Newly Assigned: The number of new licenses that were assigned for each month. For example, a user accesses the cloud service for the first time in July and is assigned a license. This license is counted as “Newly Assigned” for the month of July.
The License Users section displays a list of users who have assigned licenses, and the date a license was assigned.