Monitor licenses and active usage for Citrix DaaS Standard for Azure
This article describes the experience for managing license assignments for Citrix DaaS Standard for Azure (formerly Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Standard for Azure) using the User/Device licensing model only.
If you purchased Citrix Azure Consumption Fund to use with your service deployment, see Monitor Citrix Managed Azure resource consumption for Citrix DaaS for more information about consumption reporting for Citrix-managed resources.
Citrix Cloud assigns a license when a unique user or unique device launches a desktop for the first time.
The licensing summary provides an at-a-glance view of the following information:
- Percentage of total purchased licenses assigned (used). As the percentage approaches 100%, the percentage goes from green to yellow. If the percentage exceeds 100%, the percentage turns red.
- The ratio of assigned licenses to purchased licenses and the number of available licenses remaining.
Click View Usage Details to see a breakdown of usage reports and trends, plus a list of users who are consuming Citrix DaaS Standard for Azure licenses.
Citrix DaaS Standard for Azure was formerly Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Standard for Azure. Some displays might contain the former name.
Usage trends and license activity
The Usage Trends breakdown shows the following information:
- Total Licenses: Your total purchased licenses for the cloud service across all entitlements.
- Previously Assigned: The number of licenses that were assigned in the previous month. For example, a user accesses the cloud service for the first time in July and is assigned a license. This license is counted as “Newly Assigned” for the month of July. For the month of August, this license is counted as “Previously Assigned.”
- Newly Assigned: The number of new licenses that were assigned for each month. For example, a user accesses the cloud service for the first time in July and is assigned a license. This license is counted as “Newly Assigned” for the month of July.
The License Activity section displays a list of individual users who have assigned licenses, and the date when a license was assigned to the user.
Release assigned licenses
When a license is released, the number of remaining licenses increases and the number of assigned licenses decreases accordingly. After a license is released, the user can acquire another license by logging in and using the cloud service.
Yearly service subscriptions: If you have a yearly subscription, you can release licenses for users that haven’t launched an app or a desktop in the last 30 days. You can release multiple licenses in bulk or individually.
Monthly service subscriptions: If you have a monthly subscription, you can release licenses on the first day of each month, regardless of the inactivity period.
To release multiple assigned licenses
- Under License Activity, select Release Licenses.
- From the list, select the users you want to manage and select Continue.
- Review the licenses you’ve selected and select Release Licenses.
To release a single assigned license
You can release individual licenses from the License Activity list. The list displays clickable ellipsis buttons only for users with licenses that are eligible for release.
- Under License Activity, locate the user you want to manage. From the ellipsis menu for that user, select Release User.
- Review your selection and then select Continue.
- When prompted to confirm the release, select Release.