Before using the License Usage Insights (LUI) service, consider the following items:
- Only Windows-based and VPX-based license servers are supported.
- It may take up to 24 hours for a newly updated license server to appear in the LUI service.
- When usage data is uploaded from a license server, it’s processed and stored in a secure fashion such that it can be accessed at a later date by the LUI service. This process might take up to 24 hours to complete.
- By default, usernames associated with Virtual Apps and Desktops license checkouts will be securely phoned home to Citrix.
- Usernames are phoned home so CSP partners can take full advantage of LUI features and the CSP licensing program which supports free users for trial, test, and administrative product use.
- User information is limited to a single user@domain entry; no additional personal identifiable data is phoned home. Citrix will never share this information.
- For partners sensitive to uploading username information, this functionality can be disabled on the Citrix License Server using the username anonymization feature.
Supported Citrix products
The License Usage Insights (LUI) service provides usage information for the following Citrix products:
- Virtual Apps and Desktops
- ADC VPX
- CloudPortal Services Manager (CPSM)
To use the LUI service with CloudPortal Services Manager, CPSM 11.5 Cumulative Update 4 must be installed in your deployment. This update includes Call Home features that enable the LUI service to display deployment status and license usage information. For more information, see CTX220717.