CloudGateway connector availability in public cloud
Applications hosted in an enterprise’s data center are securely accessed and connected to cloud using the CloudGateway connector. The CloudGateway connector is a virtual machine based on the Citrix ADC appliance hosted within the company’s data center. The CloudGateway connector creates a secure connection and registers to Citrix Cloud services to form a secure tunnel. The CloudGateway connector is hosted on public cloud for customers to purchase and deploy.
Deploy a gateway connector in Azure
The high-level steps involved in deploying a gateway connector in Azure are as follows:
- Upload VHD to Azure Storage
- Create an image
- Create a virtual machine.
A fixed size VHD image is used as a connector image. These images are published with the regular build artifacts. The following are the steps to create a VHD from an HyperV image.
Extract the HyperV zip file CONNECTOR-HyperV-.zip, and copy the dynamic.vhd file to your working folder.
Run the following Azure CLI commands.
- Convert-VHD -Path C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\Dynamic.vhd -DestinationPath C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\Fixed.vhd -VHDType >Fixed
- Resize-VHD -Path C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\Fixed.vhd -SizeBytes 20481 MB This step is necessary if the VHD generated is not greater than the whole number size.
Upload VHD to Azure Storage
Create a storage account. If you already have a storage account, in the left pane, under Blob Service, click Containers.
Create a container or click an existing container.
On the Container page, click Upload.
Use the Upload form to upload your VHD.
Create an Image
Go to Azure > Images and then click Add.
Create an image using the uploaded VHD.
Create a virtual machine
Go to the image you created in the previous step and click Create VM. Choose a size that has 2 vCPUs and 4 GB RAM minimum.
Note: The default OS disk is Premium SSD and minimum storage needed is 20 GB.
- After the VM is created, update the Networking and Inbound Port Rules to allow ports 22 and 8443. You can access the admin UI at
- Log on with default connector credentials and complete the registration.