Configuring IP Addresses on Citrix Gateway
You can configure IP addresses to log on to the configuration utility and for user connections. Citrix Gateway is configured with a default IP address of 192.168.100.1 and subnet mask of 255.255.0.0 for management access. The default IP address is used whenever a user-configured value for the system IP (NSIP) address is absent.
- NSIP address. The management IP address for Citrix Gateway that is used for all management-related access to the appliance. Citrix Gateway also uses the NSIP address for authentication.
- Default gateway. The router that forwards traffic from outside the secure network to Citrix Gateway.
- Subnet IP (SNIP) address. The IP address that represents the user device by communicating with a server on a secondary network. This is similar to the mapped IP (MIP) address.
The SNIP address uses ports 1024 through 64000.
How Citrix Gateway Uses IP Addresses
Citrix Gateway sources traffic from IP addresses based on the function that is occurring. The following list describes several functions and the way Citrix Gateway uses IP addresses for each, as a general guideline:
- Authentication. Citrix Gateway uses the SNIP address.
- File transfers from the home page. Citrix Gateway uses the SNIP address.
- DNS and WINS queries. Citrix Gateway uses either the MIP address or SNIP address.
- Network traffic to resources in the secure network. Citrix Gateway uses the MIP address, the SNIP address, or IP pooling, depending on the configuration on Citrix Gateway.
- ICA proxy setting. Citrix Gateway uses the MIP address or SNIP address.