Configuring Connection Types on the Virtual Server
When you create and configure a virtual server, you can configure the following connection options:
- Connections with Citrix Receiver only to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops without SmartAccess, endpoint analysis, or network layer tunneling features.
- Connections with the Citrix Gateway plug-in and SmartAccess, which allows the use of SmartAccess, endpoint analysis, and network layer tunneling functions.
- Connections with Worx Home that establishes a Micro VPN connection from mobile devices to Citrix Gateway.
- Parallel connections made over the ICA session protocol by a user from multiple devices. The connections are migrated to a single session to prevent the use of multiple Universal licenses.
If you want users to log on without user software, you can configure a clientless access policy and bind it to the virtual server.
To configure Basic or SmartAccess connections on a virtual server
- In the configuration utility, on the Configuration tab, in the navigation pane, expand Citrix Gateway and then click Virtual Servers.
- In the details pane, click Add.
- In Name, type a name for the virtual server.
- In IP Address and Port, type the IP address and port number for the virtual server.
- Do one of the following:
- To allow ICA connections only, click Basic Mode.
- To allow user logon with Worx Home, the Citrix Gateway plug-in and SmartAccess, click SmartAccess Mode.
- To allow SmartAccess to manage ICA Proxy sessions for multiple user connections, click ICA Proxy Session Migration.
- Configure the other settings for the virtual server, click Create and then click Close.