Setting Priorities for Authentication Policies
By default, authentication polices are validated first against policies that you bind to the virtual server and then against policies bound globally. If you bind an authentication policy globally and want the global policy to take precedence over a policy that you bind to a virtual server, you can change the priority number of the policy. Priority numbers start at zero. A lower priority number gives the authentication policy higher precedence.
For example, if the global policy has a priority number of one and the virtual server has a priority of two, the global authentication policy is applied first.
To set or change the priority for global authentication policies
- In the configuration utility, on the Configuration tab, expand Citrix Gateway > Policies > Authentication.
- On the Policies tab, in Action, click Global Bindings.
- In the Bind/Unbind Authentication Global Policies dialog box, on either the Primary or Secondary tab, under Priority, type the number and then click OK.
To change the priority for an authentication policy bound to a virtual server
You can also modify an authentication policy that is bound to a virtual server.
- In the configuration utility, on the Configuration tab, in the navigation pane, expand Citrix Gateway and then click Virtual Servers.
- Select a virtual server and then click Open.
- Click the Authentication tab and then select either Primary or Secondary.
- Select the policy and in Priority, type the number of the priority and then click OK.