Configuring the Citrix Gateway by Using Wizards
Citrix Gateway has the following six wizards that you can use to configure settings on the appliance:
- The First-time Setup Wizard appears when you log on to the Citrix Gateway appliance for the first time.
- The Setup Wizard helps you configure basic Citrix Gateway settings for the first time.
- Citrix Endpoint Management Integrated Configuration helps you configure your Citrix Gateway and Citrix Endpoint Management environment.
- The Quick Configuration wizard helps you configure the correct policies, expressions, and settings for connections to Citrix Endpoint Management, StoreFront, and the Web Interface.
- The Citrix Gateway wizard helps you configure Citrix Gateway-specific settings.
- The Published Applications wizard helps you configure settings for user connections by using Citrix Workspace app.
How the First-time Setup Wizard Works
When you finish installing and configuring the initial settings on the Citrix Gateway appliance, when you log on to the configuration utility for the first time, the First-time Setup wizard appears if the following conditions are not met:
- You did not install a license on the appliance.
- You did not configure a subnet or mapped IP address.
- If the default IP address of the appliances is 192.168.100.1.
How the Setup Wizard Works
You use the Setup Wizard to configure the following initial settings on the appliance:
- System IP address and subnet mask
- Mapped IP address and subnet mask
- Host name
- Default gateway
Note: Before running the Setup Wizard, download your licenses from the Citrix website. For more information, see Licensing Citrix Gateway
How Integrated Citrix Endpoint Management Configuration Works
You can deploy Citrix Gateway with Citrix Endpoint Management MDM that provides the ability to scale, ensure high availability for apps, and maintain security. To use the Citrix Endpoint Management configuration, you need to install Version 10.1, Build 120.1316.e.
The Integrated Citrix Endpoint Management Configuration creates the following:
- Load balancing servers for Device Manager.
- Load balancing servers for Microsoft Exchange with email filtering.
- Load balancing servers for ShareFile.
For more information about creating settings with the Integrated Citrix Endpoint Management Configuration, see Configuring Settings for Your Citrix Endpoint Management Environment
How the Quick Configuration Wizard Works
The Quick Configuration wizard allows you to configure multiple virtual servers on Citrix Gateway. You can add, edit, and remove virtual servers.
The Quick Configuration wizard allows for seamless configuration for the following deployments:
- Web Interface connections to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, with the ability to configure multiple instances of the Secure Ticket Authority (STA)
- Citrix Endpoint Management only
- StoreFront only
- Citrix Endpoint Management and StoreFront together
The Quick Configuration wizard allows you to configure the following settings on the appliance:
- Virtual server name, IP address, and port
- Redirection from an unsecure to a secure port
- LDAP server
- RADIUS server
- DNS server
Citrix Endpoint Management and Citrix Virtual Appsand Desktops
Note: To enable SSO, you have to manually enable the Single Sign-on to web applications option in the Create Citrix Gateway Session Profile > Client Experience tab for the session action.
Citrix Gateway supports user connections directly to Citrix Endpoint Management, which gives users access to their web, SaaS, and mobile apps, along with access to ShareFile. You can also configure settings to StoreFront which gives users access to their Windows-based applications and virtual desktops.
When you run the Quick Configuration wizard, the following policies are created based on your Citrix Endpoint Management, StoreFront, and Web Interface settings:
- Session policies, including policies and profiles for Receiver, Receiver for Web, Citrix Gateway plug-in, and Program Neighborhood Agent
- Clientless access
- LDAP and RADIUS authentication
How the Citrix Gateway Wizard Works
You use the Citrix Gateway wizard to configure the following settings on the appliance:
- Virtual servers
- Name service providers
- Port redirection
- Clientless access
- Clientless access for SharePoint
How the Published Applications Wizard Works
You use the Published Applications wizard to configure Citrix Gateway to connect to servers running Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops in the internal network. With the Published Applications wizard, you can:
- Select a virtual server for connections to the server farm.
- Configure the settings for user connections for the Web Interface or StoreFront, single sign-on, and the Secure Ticket Authority.
- Create or select session policies for SmartAccess.
Within the wizard, you can also create session policy expressions for user connections. For more information about configuring Citrix Gateway to connect to a server farm, see Providing Access to Published Applications and Virtual Desktops Through the Web Interface.