VPN configuration on a Citrix Gateway appliance
The screen captures in this section are maintained in a grayscale scheme for the following reasons:
- Help visually impaired readers particularly those with color-blindness or color deficiency.
- Use of a grayscale image represents the image in a generic form that shows no impact of color coding customization that might have been done in the user’s browser or the operating system.
Users can use the following methods to connect to your organization’s network resources through Citrix Gateway:
- Citrix Workspace app that contains all Citrix plug-ins installed on the user device.
- Citrix Workspace app for web that allows user connections to applications, desktops, and ShareFile by using a web browser.
- Secure Hub to allow users to access Secure Mail, WorxWeb, and mobile apps from their iOS and Android devices.
- Citrix Gateway plug-in for Windows, macOS X, or Linux.
- Citrix Gateway app for iOS and Android.
- Citrix Gateway plug-in for Java.
- Clientless access that provides users with the access they need without installing user software.
- Interoperability with Citrix SD-WAN plug-in.
If users install the Citrix Gateway plug-in and then install Citrix Workspace app from Citrix Virtual Apps 6.5 for Windows Server 2008 (including Feature Pack and Feature Pack 2), Citrix Virtual Desktops 7.0 or newer, Citrix Workspace app automatically adds the Citrix Gateway plug-in. Users can connect with the Citrix Gateway plug-in from a web browser or from Citrix Workspace app.
SmartAccess determines automatically the methods of access that are allowed for a user device based on the results of an endpoint analysis scan. For more information about SmartAccess, see Configuring SmartAccess topic.
Citrix Gateway supports Citrix Endpoint Management mobile productivity apps for iOS and Android mobile devices. Citrix Gateway contains Secure Browse that allows connections to Citrix Gateway from iOS mobile devices that establish the micro VPN tunnel. Android devices that connect with the Secure Hub also establish a micro VPN tunnel automatically that provides secure web and mobile application-level access to resources in your internal network. If users connect from an Android device with mobile productivity apps, you must configure DNS settings on Citrix Gateway. For details, see Support DNS Queries by Using DNS Suffixes for Android Devices.