Enable clientless VPN access persistent cookies
Persistent cookies are required for accessing certain features of SharePoint, such as opening and editing Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents hosted on the SharePoint server.
A persistent cookie remains on the user device and is sent with each HTTP request. Citrix Gateway encrypts the persistent cookie before sending it to the plug-in on the user device, and refreshes the cookie periodically as long as the session exists. The cookie becomes stale if the session ends.
In the Citrix Gateway wizard, administrators can enable persistent cookies globally. You can also create a session policy to enable persistent cookies per user, group, or virtual server.
The following options are available for persistent cookies:
- Allow enables persistent cookies and users can open and edit Microsoft documents stored in SharePoint.
- Deny disables persistent cookies and users cannot open and edit Microsoft documents stored in SharePoint.
- Prompt prompts users to allow or deny persistent cookies during the session.
Persistent cookies are not required for clientless access if users do not connect to SharePoint.
Configure persistent cookies for clientless VPN access for SharePoint
You can configure persistent cookies for clientless access for SharePoint either globally or as part of a session policy.
To configure persistent cookies globally
- In the configuration utility, on the Configuration tab, in the navigation pane, expand Citrix Gateway and then click Global Settings.
- In the details pane, under Settings, click Change global settings.
- On the Client Experience tab, next to Clientless Access Persistent Cookies, select an option and then click OK.
To configure persistent cookies as part of a session policy
- In the configuration utility, on the Configuration tab, in the navigation pane, expand Citrix Gateway > Policies and then click Session.
- In the details pane, on the Policies tab, click Add.
- In Name, type a name for the policy.
- Next to Request Profile, click New.
- In Name, type a name for the profile.
- On the Client Experience tab, next to Clientless Access Persistent Cookies, click Override Global, select an option, and then click Create.
- In the Create authentication policy dialog box, next to Named Expressions, select General, select True value, click Add Expression, click Create and then click Close.