Configure Access Interface
Citrix Gateway includes a default home page that appears after users log on. The default home page is called the Access Interface. You use the Access Interface as the home page, or configure the Web Interface as the home page, or a custom home page.
The Access Interface contains three panels. If you have the Web Interface in your deployment, users can log on to Receiver in the left panel of the Access Interface. If you have StoreFront in your deployment, users cannot log on to Receiver from the left panel.
The Access Interface is used to provide links to websites, both internal and external, and links to file shares in the internal network. You can customize the Access Interface in the following ways:
- Changing the Access Interface.
- Creating Access Interface links.
Users can customize the Access Interface as well by adding their own links to websites and file shares. Users can also use the home page to transfer files from the internal network to their device.
When users log on and attempt to open file shares from the Access Interface, the file share does not open and users receive the error message “Failed to make TCP connection to the server.” To resolve this problem, configure your firewall to allow traffic from the Citrix Gateway system IP address to the file server IP address on TCP ports 445 and 139.
Change the Access Interface
You might want to direct users to a customized home page, rather than relying on the Access Interface. To do this, install the home page on Citrix Gateway and then configure the session policy to use the new home page.
To install a customized home page
- In the configuration utility, click the Configuration tab and then in the navigation pane, click Citrix Gateway.
- In the details pane, under Customize Access Interface, click Upload the Access Interface.
- To install the home page from a file on a computer in your network, in Local File, click Browse, navigate to the file, and then click Select.
- To use a home page that is installed on Citrix Gateway, in Remote Path, click Browse, select the file, and then click Select.
- Click Upload and then click Close.
Replace the Access Interface with a custom home page
You can use either global settings or a session policy and profile to configure a custom home page to replace the default home page, the Access Interface. After you configure the policy, you can bind the policy to a user, group, virtual server, or globally. When you configure a custom home page, the Access Interface does not appear when users log on.
Configure custom home page globally
- In the configuration utility, on the Configuration tab, in the navigation pane, expand Citrix Gateway and then click Global Settings.
- In the details pane, under Settings, click Change global settings.
- On the Client Experience tab, in Home Page, click Display Home Page, and then enter the web address of your custom home page.
- Click OK and then click Close.
Configure a custom home page in a session profile
- In the configuration utility, on the Configuration tab, in the navigation pane, expand Citrix Gateway Policies and then click Session.
- In the details pane, on the Policies tab, click Add.
- In Name, type a name for the policy.
- Next to Request Profile, click New.
- In Name, type a name for the profile.
- On the Client Experience tab, next to Home Page, click Override Global, click Display Home Page, and then type the web address of the home page.
- In the Create Session Policy dialog box, next to Named Expressions, select General, select True value, click Add Expression, click Create, and then click Close.