Citrix ADC MPX 15000
The Citrix ADC MPX 15000 appliance is a 2U appliance. This platform has two 8-core processors and 128 GB of memory. The appliance provides a total of 16 Ethernet 25G ports.
For information on the software releases supported on the Citrix ADC hardware platforms, see Hardware-Software Release Matrix.
The following figure shows the front panel of the MPX 15000 series appliances.
Figure 1. Citrix ADC MPX 15000, front panel
The Citrix ADC MPX 15000 series appliances have the following ports:
- RS232 serial console port.
- Two 10/100/1000Base-T RJ45 copper Ethernet Management ports, numbered 0/1 and 0/2. This port is used to connect directly to the appliance for Citrix ADC administration functions.
- One 10/100/1000Base-T RJ45 copper Ethernet Management Port, numbered 0/1. This port is used to connect directly to the appliance for Citrix ADC administration functions.
- Sixteen 25G Ethernet ports, numbered 25/1 to 25/16.
The following figure shows the back panel of the MPX 15000 appliance.
Figure 2. Citrix ADC MPX 15000, back panel
The following components are visible on the back panel of the MPX 15000 appliance:
Two 480 GB or larger removable solid-state drives in a redundant array of independent disks (RAID) configuration. In a RAID configuration, the same data is stored on multiple drives to improve performance, increase storage capacity, lower the risk of data loss, and provide fault tolerance. The two SSDs store the same data. If one fails and you replace it, the new SSD mirrors the other one.
Note: Drive densities might increase as components become EOL but its size is never smaller than the original.
- Power switch, which turns power to the appliance on or off.
- If the OS is functional, press the switch for less than two seconds to power down the system with a graceful shutdown.
- If the OS is not responsive, press the power switch for more than 4 seconds to force the power off.
- Two hot-swappable, 100–240 VAC input power supply modules, rated at 1000 watts each. Maximum power consumption is 420 watts and typical power consumption is 310 watts. Each power supply has an LED indicating its status:
|LED Color||LED Indicates|
|OFF||No power to any power supply in the appliance.|
|Flashing RED||No power to this power supply.|
|Flashing GREEN||Power supply is in standby mode.|
|GREEN||Power supply is functional.|
|RED||Power supply failure.|
|Flashing RED and GREEN||Warning (OVP/UVP/OCP/OTP/Fan); OVP = Over Voltage Protection; UVP = Under Voltage Protection; OCP = Over Current Protection; OTP = Over Temperature Protection|
- Disable alarm button, which is functional only when the appliance has two power supplies. Press this button to silence the power alarm when one of two power supplies loses input power (second power supply optional) or when a power supply is malfunctioning.
- Non-Maskable Interrupt (NMI) Button, used at the request of Technical Support to initiate a core dump. To press this red button, which is recessed to prevent unintentional activation, use a pen, pencil, or other pointed object. The NMI Button is also available remotely over the network in the LOM GUI, in the Remote Control menu. For more information about the lights out management port of the appliance, see Lights out management port of the Citrix ADC MPX appliance topic.