Citrix ADC MPX 8900 FIPS certified appliance
The Citrix ADC MPX 8900 FIPS certified appliance is a 1U appliance. This platform has a single 8-core processor and 32 GB of memory.
Note: On all sides of the appliance, you see FIPS tamper seals. Tampering with the seals breaks the FIPS requirement.
The appliance provides a total of 10 network ports:
- Six 10/100/1000Base-T RJ45 copper Ethernet Ports.
- Four 10G/1G SFP+ Ethernet Ports.
For information on the software releases supported on the Citrix ADC hardware platforms, see Hardware-Software Release Matrix.
The following figure shows the front panel of the MPX 8900 FIPS certified appliance.
Figure 1. Citrix ADC MPX 8900 FIPS certified appliance, front panel
The Citrix ADC MPX 8900 FIPS certified appliance has the following ports:
- RS232 serial Console Port.
- One 10/100/1000Base-T RJ45 copper Ethernet LOM Port. Use this port to remotely monitor and manage the appliance independently of the Citrix ADC software.
- One 10/100/1000Base-T RJ45 copper Ethernet Management Port, numbered 0/1. This port is used to connect directly to the appliance for Citrix ADC administration functions.
- Six 10/100/1000Base-T RJ45 copper Ethernet Ports, numbered 1/1 to 1/6 from left to right.
- Four 10G/1G SFP+ Ethernet Ports, numbered 10/1 to 10/4 from left to right.
- USB port (reserved for a future release).
The following table indicates the LED status for the Management and LOM ports:
|LED Color||LED Indicates|
|OFF||No connection or 10 Mbps speed|
|Flashing GREEN||100 Mbps speed|
|AMBER||1 Gbps speed|
The following figure shows the back panel of the MPX 8900 FIPS certified appliance.
Figure 2. Citrix ADC MPX 8900 FIPS certified appliance, back panel
The following components are visible on the back panel of the MPX 8900 FIPS certified appliance:
One 240 GB or larger removable solid-state drive (SSD).
Note: Drive densities might increase as components become EOL but its size is never smaller than the original.
- Power switch, which turns power to the appliance on or off.
- If the OS is functional, press the switch for less than two seconds to power down the system with a graceful shutdown.
- If the OS is not responsive, press the power switch for more than 4 seconds to force the power off.
- One power supply, rated at 450 watts, 100–240 VAC (second power supply for redundancy is a customer installable option). Maximum power consumption is 275 watts and typical power consumption is 225 watts. The following table indicates the LED status of each power supply:
|LED Color||LED Indicates|
|OFF||No power to any power supply in the appliance.|
|Flashing RED||No power to this power supply.|
|Flashing GREEN||Power supply is in standby mode.|
|GREEN||Power supply is functional.|
|RED||Power supply failure.|
- **Disable alarm button**, which is functional only when the appliance has two power supplies. Press this button to silence the power alarm when one of two power supplies loses input power (second power supply optional) or when a power supply is malfunctioning.
- Non-Maskable Interrupt (NMI) Button, used at the request of Technical Support to initiate a core dump. To press this red button, which is recessed to prevent unintentional activation, use a pen, pencil, or other pointed object. The NMI Button is also available remotely over the network in the LOM GUI, in the Remote Control menu. For more information about the lights out management port of the appliance, see Lights out management port of the Citrix ADC MPX appliance.
For information about configuring this appliance see Citrix ADC MPX FIPS certified appliances.