Citrix ADC MPX 9700, MPX 10500, MPX 12500, and MPX 15500
The Citrix ADC MPX 9700/10500/12500/15500 are 2U appliances, each with 2 quad-core processors, and 16 GB of memory. All these appliances are also available in a 10G model and a FIPS model.
The following figure shows the front panel of the MPX 9700/10500/12500/15500.
Figure 1. Citrix ADC MPX 9700/10500/12500/15500, front panel
The following figure shows the front panel of the MPX 9700/10500/12500/15500 10G.
Figure 2. Citrix ADC MPX 9700/10500/12500/15500 10G, front panel
The following figure shows the front panel of the MPX 9700/10500/12500/15500 FIPS.
Figure 3. Citrix ADC MPX 9700/10500/12500/15500 FIPS, front panel
*The FIPS Management Port (Level 3 Mode) is reserved for a future release.
Caution: Do not insert a USB device into the FIPS Management Port. Doing so causes the FIPS card to fail.
Depending on the model, the appliance has the following ports:
- FIPS Management Port (reserved for a future release).
- RS232 serial Console Port.
- Two 10/100/1000Base-T copper Ethernet Management Ports (RJ45), numbered 0/1 and 0/2 from left to right. These ports are used to connect directly to the appliance for system administration functions.
- Network Ports
- MPX 9700/10500/12500/15500. Eight copper or fiber 1G SFP ports numbered 1/1, 1/2, 1/3, and 1/4 on the first row from left to right, and 1/5, 1/6, 1/7, and 1/8 on the second row from left to right. Eight 10/100/1000BASE-T copper Ethernet Ports (RJ45) numbered 1/9, 1/10, 1/11, and 1/12 on the third row from left to right, and 1/13, 1/14, 1/15, and 1/16 on the fourth row from left to right.
- MPX 9700/10500/12500/15500 10G and MPX 9700/10500/12500/15000 FIPS. Two 10G SFP+ Ports numbered 10/1 and 10/2 on the top row, eight 1-gigabit copper or fiber 1G SFP Ports numbered 1/1, 1/2, 1/3, and 1/4 on the middle row from left to right, and 1/5, 1/6, 1/7, and 1/8 on the bottom row from left to right.
Important: The 10-gigabit ports on this appliance are labeled 10/1 and 10/2.
The following figure shows the back panel of the MPX 9700/10500/12500/15500 appliances, including the 10G model and FIPS model.
Figure 4. Citrix ADC MPX 9700/10500/12500/15500, MPX 9700/10500/12500/15500 FIPS, and MPX 9700/10500/12500/15500 10G, back panel
Note: The USB Port is reserved for a future release.
The following components are visible on the back panel of the MPX 9700/10500/12500/15500, including the 10G model and FIPS model:
Four GB removable CompactFlash Card that is used to store the Citrix ADC software.
Power Switch, which turns off power to the appliance, as if you were to unplug the power supply. Press the switch for five seconds to turn off the power.
Removable Hard Disk Drive that is used to store user data.
USB Port (reserved for a future release).
Non-maskable interrupt (NMI) Button that is used at the request of Technical Support and produces a core dump on the appliance. You must use a pen, pencil, or other pointed object to press this red button, which is recessed to prevent unintentional activation.
Disable Alarm Button. This button is functional only when the appliance has two power supplies.
Press this button to stop the power alarm from sounding when you have plugged the appliance into only one power outlet or when one power supply is malfunctioning and you want to continue operating the appliance until it is repaired.
Two power supplies, each rated at 450 watts, 110–220 volts. Maximum power consumption is 360 watts.
For information about installing the rails, rack mounting the hardware, and connecting the cables, see “Installing the Hardware.”
For information about performing initial configuration of your appliance, see “Initial Configuration.”