Converting a Citrix ADC MPX appliance to a Citrix ADC SDX appliance
You can convert a Citrix ADC MPX appliance to a Citrix ADC SDX appliance to deploy multiple virtualized Citrix ADC instances on a single, purpose-built physical appliance with full multiservice and multitenant support.
You can convert the Citrix ADC MPX 11515/11520/11530/11540/11542 appliances to Citrix ADC SDX 11515/11520/11530/11540/11542 appliances by upgrading the software through a new Solid State Drive (SSD) and a new Hard Disk Drive (HDD).
The Citrix ADC models SDX 11515/11520/11530/11540/11542 are 2U appliances. Each model has two 6-core processors for a total of 12 physical cores (24 cores with hyper-threading), and 48 gigabytes (GB) of memory.
The SDX 11515/11520/11530/11540/11542 appliances have the following ports:
- RS232 serial console port.
- 10/100Base-T copper Ethernet Port (RJ45), also called the LOM port. You can use this port to remotely monitor and manage the appliance independently of the Citrix ADC software.
The LEDs on the LOM port are not operational, by design.
- Two 10/100/1000Base-T copper Ethernet management ports (RJ45), numbered 0/1 and 0/2 from left to right. These ports are used to connect directly to the appliance for system administration functions. Eight 10G SFP+ ports and four copper or fiber 1G SFP ports.
You can convert the Citrix ADC MPX 8005/8010/8015/8200/8400/8600/8800 appliances to Citrix ADC SDX 8010/8015/8400/8600 appliances by upgrading the software through a new Solid State Drive (SSD).
The Citrix ADC models SDX 8010/8015/8400/8600 are 1U appliances. Each model has one quad-core processor (8 cores with hyper-threading) and 32 gigabytes (GB) of memory. The SDX 8010/8015/8400/8600 appliances are available in two port configurations:
- Six 10/100/1000Base-T copper Ethernet ports and six 1G SFP ports (6x10/100/1000Base-T copper Ethernet ports + 6x1G SFP)
- Six 10/100/1000Base-T copper Ethernet ports and two 10G SFP+ ports(6x10/100/1000Base-T copper Ethernet ports + 2x10G SFP+)