Citrix ADC SDX 16000
The Citrix ADC SDX 16000 appliance is a 2U appliance. This platform has two 16-core processors and 256 GB (16 x 16 GB DIMM) of memory. The appliance provides a total of eight 25G SFP+ ports and four 100G QSFP28 Ethernet ports.
For information on the software releases supported on the ADC hardware platforms, see Hardware-Software Release Matrix.
The following figure shows the front panel of the SDX 16000 appliance.
Figure 1. Citrix ADC SDX 16000, front panel
The Citrix ADC SDX 16000 series appliances have the following ports:
- RS232 serial Console port.
- One 10/100/1000Base-T RJ45 copper Ethernet LOM port. Use this port to remotely monitor and manage the appliance independently of the ADC software.
- Two 10/100/1000Base-T RJ45 copper Ethernet management ports, numbered 0/1 and 0/2. These ports are used to connect directly to the appliance for ADC administration functions.
- Two USB ports (reserved for a future release).
- Eight 25G SFP+ ports, numbered 25/1 to 25/8. Four 100G QSFP28 ports, numbered 100/1 to 100/4. For information about supported transceivers per port, see 25G, 40G, 50G, and 100G ports.
The following figure shows the back panel of the SDX 16000 appliance.
Figure 2. Citrix ADC SDX 16000, back panel
The following components are visible on the back panel of the SDX 16000 appliance:
- Two 480 GB removable solid-state drives (boot drives).
Six 480 GB removable solid-state drives for storing data.
Note: Drive densities might increase as components become EOL but its size is never smaller than the original.
- Power switch, which turns power to the appliance on or off.
- If the OS is functional, press the switch for less than two seconds to power down the system with a graceful shutdown.
- If the OS is not responsive, press the power switch for more than 4 seconds to force the power off.
- Two power supplies, each rated at 850 watts, 100–240 VAC. The following table indicates the LED status of each power supply:
|LED Color||LED Indicates|
|OFF||No power to any power supply in the appliance.|
|Flashing RED||No power to this power supply.|
|Flashing GREEN||Power supply is in standby mode.|
|GREEN||Power supply is functional.|
|RED||Power supply failure.|
- Disable alarm button, which is functional only when the appliance has two power supplies. Press this button to silence the power alarm when one of two power supplies loses input power (second power supply optional) or when a power supply is malfunctioning.
- Non-Maskable Interrupt (NMI) Button, used at the request of Technical Support to initiate a core dump. To press this red button, which is recessed to prevent unintentional activation, use a pen, pencil, or other pointed object. The NMI Button is also available remotely over the network in the LOM GUI, in the Remote Control menu. For more information about the lights out management port of the appliance, see Lights out management port of the Citrix ADC SDX appliance.