Type of Data
Custom Data Feed
The AWS S3 data feed is a generic feed. This feed gets the data from a specific file in the customer’s AWS S3 bucket. The contents of the file are published to the app server. The feed runs at the frequency set by the customer in the Fusion UI.
Set up in Fusion
You can access Fusion Data Feeds from the left navigation pane, under Openmix. For initial steps refer to the Fusion Integration Documentation.
When you get to the service-specific configuration dialog box, enter the following:
Name: The name given to the data feed. This defaults to
Service - Platform Nameif not specified.
- Run Every: The frequency with which the data feed is updated from the service.
- Platform: The Platform that is associated with the data feed.
- S3 Bucket: S3 Bucket name.
S3 Resource: S3 Resource name.
Note: If you check the box for Valid JSON, the feed verifies if the text in the resource is valid JSON. If it is not checked, then you the resource can contain any string value.
- AWS Region: The location where the bucket exists.
- AWS Access Key: The AWS access key for the user account that will be used in the Fusion AWS S3 SDK authorization and subsequent AWS S3 API queries.
- AWS Secret Key: The user account secret key.
Once the Fusion AWS S3 setup is complete, it is listed on the Fusion data feeds home page with a green status and monitoring metrics in the log history.
To edit a Fusion data feed click the data feed in the list and then click the Edit button. Once you have changed the configuration, click Save. This brings you back to the data feed list with your changes saved and applied to the data feed.