Build event notifications
Create triggers for events to be sent to the client application, such as new PTO request or notification that a record changed. Select from the template types, then customize the event in the builder. This article assumes that you have already created your microapp for this workflow. For step-by-step details, see Add a new microapp.
Follow these steps to build an event notification:
- Create the conditions to send the notification/action and the target subscribers.
- Configure the notification card for subscribers.
- Configure the action items.
- Set the expiration condition and time period.
Follow these steps:
- Select the microapp that you want to add an event to. Select Add Notification at the bottom of the page.
- Give the Notification event a name.
Select your desired trigger and notification type from the following:
- New records
- Changed records
- Matching record
- Delete records
- Periodic notification (user action)
- Periodic report
- Date reminder
The following screenshot shows what the New Notification screen looks like:
Confirm your Data source and select the Data table you want to access. Select Add. The new notification is added to the Notifications list and is ready to be configured.
As Citrix Workspace Microapps supports cross-integration microapps, the Select data source list shows all available integration data sources.
- Select the microapp that you want to configure your notification for.
Select the Notifications icon in the left hand column of your microapp.
The Edit Notification screen opens with the following notification sections:
- Notification Name lets you input the notification name and optionally select whether the notification event is run immediately after synchronization with your target application integration.
- Content lets you configure the information displayed on your notification. Here you can configure the notification icon, notification title, and body content in addition to the display card image. You can optionally enter variables to incorporate elements generated from your target application integration.
- Target Page lets you choose the page that is shown when the notification is selected. You can select the target microapp, target page, and optionally preview the page to see what your microapp recipients receive.
- Settings lets you define the trigger conditions of your notification and the notification recipients. Select Audience to define the recipients of your notification from your integration and Edit Conditions to set what conditions trigger the notification for your users.
- Expiration lets you define any of the conditions to remove the notification. You can set to expire the notification when the record in your integration is no longer available. You can expire the notification after a defined interval. You can also configure integration trigger conditions to expire the notification when there is a change in data in your target integration.
When your notification is configured correctly, scroll to the top of the page and select Save.
Clear all notifications
You can clear all notifications from your microapp by selecting Clear all notifications on the individual microapp’s edit menu. Use this option to clear your notifications in cases when you need to reorganize or regenerate your notifications (for example, when testing) when using a newer data structure.
You can select Run Event to manually trigger this event notification to run. Select Show Event Log to view a history of changes categorized by severity.