Citrix Workspace Microapps allows you to export and import translated JSON files for the purposes of localization. With microapp localization options you can export these files, edit them with the required localized language and import the localized microapp file back into the microapp platform for use by your microapp users.
Localization currently only supports a defined set of languages:
- English (default, fall back language for microapp)
- Chinese (simplified)
- Brazilian Portuguese
Extra language support will be added in future updates. Once a microapp is localized to your desired language, the language is displayed based of the end user’s browser locale.
Using the localization feature for your microapps involves the following:
- Export your desired microapp configuration file.
- Edit the file and translate the entities to the required language.
- Import the translated file back into the microapp platform.
Export files for translation
To export a localization file, open the microapp edit screen by selecting the relevant microapp’s hamburger button.
Follow these steps:
Select Localization in the left column
The Localization page opens that displays all the currently localized languages.
- Select Export.
- Select the languages you want to export for localization, and whether you want to export only missing translation strings.
The JSON files download to your local machine.
Working with localization files
You can then open and edit the desired localization JSON file with your preferred text editor and once ready, save the file in the JSON format ready for import back to the microapp admin console.
When you have prepared your localized JSON files, import them back into the microapp platform.
Follow these steps:
The import translation file blade opens.
- Select your required localization language from the available languages.
Drag the translated JSON file:
- Select import.
Your translation file is now imported and the app is available in that language for subscribers: