Microapps service deprecation
The announcements in this article are intended to give you advance notice of Microapps integrations and features that are being phased out. We provide this information so that you can make timely business decisions.
Due to the current deprecation process of microapps applications, the Microapp service is removing unused environments from the platform from June 1, 2022 onwards. Any Microapp platform service environment that has no activity is scheduled for this deprovisioning.
If you believe you are wrongly affected by this process, you can request restoration of your environment. To do so, create a support task via your normal channel (customer service portal, phone, management escalation, and so on) with details and Support will create a ticket to validate the request and restore the environment.
- Support requests for environments raised within the first 30 days of deprovisioning can be restored to their previous status.
- Support requests raised after the first 30 days of deprovisioning cannot be restored as the database will be deleted. You can request a new, blank environment after this time period.
The microapps platform service reaches End of Life (EOL) on July 3, 2023. Existing customers actively using microapps can continue to use the service as-is until the EOL date. As part of the EOL process, we will be removing select integration templates from the Microapps catalog on July 1, 2022.
Release Milestones and Dates for Microapps service:
- June 1, 2022 - Notice of Change (NSC) - The date in which Citrix announces the intent to retire the Microapps service to impacted customers.
- June 15, 2022 - Internal environments are removed.
- July 1, 2022 - End of life (EOL) Microapps integration templates - Certain microapp integration templates are removed from the microapp catalog.
- July 4, 2022 - External environments removal process begins.
- July 3, 2023 - End of Life (EOL) Microapps service - Microapps entitlement will be removed from Workspace Service plans and customers will no longer have access to the Microapps service or functionality.
Which product is replacing Citrix Microapps service? Citrix Work Collaboration Solutions is continuing to invest in digitizing and simplifying workflows and will unveil our product innovations in this area in the future. In the meantime, the Citrix Account Team is working with the Work Collaboration Solutions Product Management team to transition current Microapps customers to solutions that fit their use cases.
Can I continue using microapps until the EOL date? You are entitled to the Microapps service through Workspace Service and can continue to access and use your microapps until the EOL date of July 3, 2023.
Can I still use microapp service templates after July 1, 2022? You are entitled to the Microapps service through your Workspace Service and can continue to build custom microapp workflows even after July 1, 2022. Removing the templates means customers not currently using the templates cannot start using these templated microapp workflows after July 1, 2022. Entitled customers keep the ability to build custom microapp workflows including the use cases the templates currently cover. If you have Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops microapp, you can still address the use case served by the templated microapps workflows without requiring the Microapps service. You can do this by using the available ITSM adapter or Connection Center in the Citrix Workspace app. Please reach out to your account team for more information on this.