Integrate with Tableau to provide easy access to projects, workbooks, and views without requiring extra logins.
Use the following process to enable the Tableau Integration. Ensure you meet the prerequisites and enter connection details. After you complete this process, your existing level of audit logging persists, including any actions carried out by the use of Citrix Microapps.
For a comprehensive list of out-of-the-box Tableau microapps, see Use Tableau microapps.
After you set up this integration in Tableau, you will need these artifacts to add the integration in Citrix Workspace Microapps:
- Configure Tableau Server to recognize and trust requests by whitelisting its IP address.
- Only https connections are supported. Make sure the SSL certificate is trusted
- Configure Citrix Gateway to support single sign-on for Tableau so that once users log in they are automatically logged in again without having to enter their credentials a second time. Follow the instructions in Tableau Single Sign-on Configuration. For more information about configuring SSO, see Citrix Gateway Service.
Set up the Tableau integration
Log in to Tableau with an admin account.
Enter connection information:
If you leave the Site field empty, you are connected to the “Default” Tableau Site. To find the names of the different Sites available in your Tableau instance, select the menu in the Tableau top navigation bar.
Add the integration to Citrix Workspace Microapps
Add the Tableau integration to Citrix Workspace Microapps to connect to your application. This delivers out-of-the-box microapps with pre-configured notifications and actions which are ready to use within your Workspace.
Follow these steps:
From the overview page, select Get Started.
The microapp Integrations page opens.
- Select Add New Integration, and Add a new integration from Citrix-provided templates.
- Choose the Tableau tile.
Enter a name for the integration.
- Enter the Connector parameters that you collected in the previous procedures.
- Enter your URL.
- Enter your Username and Password.
- Enter your Tableau Site location.
- Select Add.
The Microapp Integrations page opens with your added integration and its microapps. From here you can add another integration, continue setting up your out-of-the-box microapps, or create a new microapp for this integration.
You are now ready to set and run your first data synchronization. As a large quantity of data can be pulled from your integrated application to the Microapps platform, we recommend you use the Table page to filter entities for your first data synchronization to speed up synchronization. For more information, see Verify needed entities. For complete information about synchronization rules, synchronization that does not meet its schedule and veto rules, see Synchronize data.
For more details of API endpoints and table entities, see Tableau connector specifications.
Use Tableau microapps
Existing application integrations come with out-of-the-box microapps. Start with these microapps and customize them for your needs.
Our Tableau integration comes with the following preconfigured template microapp:
Reports: View details of Tableau reports.
|Notification or Page||Use-case workflows|
|New Report Created notification||When a new report is created, users receive a notification.|
|Report Updated notification||When a report is updated, users receive a notification.|
|View Detail page||Provides a read only view of report details.|
|Views page||Provides a list of report views with a link to view details.|