Integrate with Zendesk to submit and monitor requests from any device, intranet, or messenger.
Use the following process to enable the Zendesk Integration. Ensure you meet the prerequisites, and get your Client ID and secret token. After you complete this process, your existing level of audit logging persists, including any actions carried out by the use of Citrix Microapps.
For a comprehensive list of out-of-the-box Zendesk microapps, see Use Zendesk microapps.
Create a dedicated Zendesk account and use it to set up the Zendesk integration. This account must have a role assigned such as Administrator with full data access privileges. After you set up this integration in Zendesk, you will need these artifacts to add the integration in Citrix Workspace Microapps:
- Client ID
- Client Secret
The following prerequisites should be met before you begin the integration process:
- Configure Citrix Gateway to support single sign-on for Zendesk so that once users log in they are automatically logged in again without having to enter their credentials a second time. Follow the instructions in Zendesk Single Sign-on Configuration. For more information about configuring SSO, see Citrix Gateway Service.
Set up the Zendesk integration
- Log in to www.zendesk.com with the dedicated user account.
- Select Admin (the settings icon) on the left sidebar. Under Channels select API.
- Select the OAuth Clients tab, and then select the + (plus) icon.
- Enter a Client Name for your app.
- (Optional) Add a Description, Company, and Logo.
- Copy the auto-populated Unique Identifier value for later use.
- Set Redirect URLs as described below.
- Select Save and OK.
- After the page refreshes, a new pre-populated Secret field appears. Copy the Secret Token that is generated for later use. This is not available after you leave this screen.
- Select Save.
You are ready to complete the integration in Citrix Workspace Microapps.
Add callback URLs
Add a custom URL to your instance configuration to grant access to private data and enable OAuth authenticated user actions. Log in to Zendesk as an admin and add the following authorized redirect URLs for this integration:
Add the integration to Citrix Workspace Microapps
Add the Zendesk integration to Citrix Workspace Microapps to connect to your application. This delivers out-of-the-box microapps with pre-configured notifications and actions which are ready to use within your Workspace.
Follow these steps:
From the overview page, select Get Started.
The Manage Integrations page opens.
- Select Add New Integration, and Add a new integration from Citrix-provided templates.
- Choose the Zendesk tile.
Enter a name for the integration.
- Enter the Connector parameters that you collected as prerequisites.
- Enter the instance URL.
- Enter the Client ID. This value is the Unique Identifier you obtained when you registered your application with Zendesk.
- Enter the Client Secret. This value is the Secret you copied when you registered your application with Zendesk.
- Select a value for the Number of Months of Tickets to Load.
- Select Log in with your Zendesk account to enable OAuth Authorization. A Zendesk sign-in page opens in a new tab. You are prompted to enter an account name, confirm access, and enter a password.
- Select Add.
The Microapp Integrations page opens with your added integration and its microapps. From here you can add another integration, continue setting up your out-of-the-box microapps, or create a new microapp for this integration.
You are now ready to set and run your first data synchronization. As a large quantity of data can be pulled from your integrated application to the Microapps platform, we recommend you use the Table page to filter entities for your first data synchronization to speed up synchronization.
For more details of API endpoints and table entities, see Zendesk connector specifications.
Use Zendesk microapps
Existing application integrations come with out-of-the-box microapps. Start with these microapps and customize them for your needs.
Our Zendesk integration comes with the following preconfigured out-of-the-box microapps:
Add Ticket: Submit Zendesk tickets.
|Notification or Page||Use-case workflows|
|Submit Ticket page||Provides a form for submitting a ticket.|
Tickets: View Zendesk tickets with details.
|Notification or Page||Use-case workflows|
|New Ticket Assigned To You (changed) notification||When an existing ticket is assigned to a user, they receive a notification.|
|New Ticket Assigned To You (new) notification||When a new ticket is assigned to a user, they receive a notification.|
|Ticket Status Change notification||When the status of a ticket is changed, the submitter of the ticket receives a notification.|
|Ticket Was Updated notification||When a ticket is updated, the submitter receives a notification.|
|My Tickets page||Provides a personalized list of tickets related to a user, and a link to ticket details.|
|Ticket Detail page||Provides a read only view of a ticket with details.|