The virtual services can be assigned to particular QoS classes, and different bandwidth restraints can be applied to different classes. A class can be one of three basic types:
- Realtime classes: Serve traffic flows that demand prompt service up to a certain bandwidth limit. Low latency is preferred over aggregate throughput.
- Interactive classes: Serve traffic flows that are sensitive to loss and latency. Interactive classes have lower priority than realtime but have absolute priority over bulk traffic.
- Bulk classes: Serve traffic flows that require high bandwidth and are sensitive to loss. Bulk classes have the lowest priority.
Specifying different bandwidth requirements for different classes enables the virtual path scheduler to arbitrate competing bandwidth requests from multiple classes of the same type. The scheduler uses the Hierarchical Fair Service Curve (HFSC) algorithm to achieve fairness among the classes.
For more information about customizing classes, see Customizing Classes.
To view class statistics:
In Citrix SD-WAN Center, navigate to Reports > Classes, and in the timeline control select a time period.
You can select and view reports of a particular time frame by using the timeline controls. For more information, see, Timeline controls.
You can also create, save and open report views. For more information, see, Manage views.
You can view the following metrics:
- Name: Class name
- Type: Class Type. Releatime, interactive, or bulk.
- Wait Time: The time interval between transmitting packets in milliseconds.
- Sent Bandwidth: Transmitted bandwidth
- Data Sent: Data sent, in Kbps.
- Packets Sent: Number of packets sent.
- Data Pending: Data to be sent, in Kbps.
- Packets Pending: Number of packets to be sent.
- Drop: Percentage of data dropped.
- Data Dropped: Data dropped, in Kbps.
- Packets Dropped: Number of packets dropped, because of network congestion.
- Data Coverage: Percentage of the selected time period for which data is available.
Click the settings icon to select the metrics that you want to view.