Remote LTE site management
Citrix SD-WAN Center allows you to remotely view and manage all the LTE sites in your network. It includes appliances connected through the internal LTE modem or external USB LTE modem. The LTE summary table lists all the LTE appliances used in your network.
To remotely manage the LTE sites in your network, in the SD-WAN Center UI, navigate to Configuration > Mobile Broadband. All the LTE appliances, across sites, managed by the SD-WAN Center is listed here.
For a multi-region deployment, you can select a region for which you want to manage the LTE sites. The Default_Region is selected by default.
You can also select the LTE appliance model and modem type.
To list out the appliances using an external modem, navigate to Configuration > Mobile Broadband. Select External Modem as the modem type.
The SIM PIN and other LTE modem configurations are currently not supported for external modems.
To list out the appliances using an internal modem, navigate to Configuration > Mobile Broadband. Select Internal Modem as the modem type.
The LTE operations are different for different LTE models.
Click + to view the details.
You can select either a single appliance or multiple appliances to perform the following LTE modem operation:
- Enable: Enable the modem at the selected sites.
- Disable: Disable the modem at the selected sites.
- Reboot: Reboot the modem at the selected sites.
- APN: Configure the APN settings for the selected sites. For more information, see Configure APN settings.
Firmware: This option is applicable for 210 LTE appliance only. Browse and select the required firmware. You can choose to upload only or upload and apply the firmware file on the selected sites. From the list of available firmware you can choose to apply it or delete it.
In multi-region deployment, the firmware operations for non-default region sites cannot be done from the SD-WAN Center Headend. You can perform Firmware operations from the specific region’s Collector SD-WAN Center.
- Refresh SIM card: Refresh the SIM card by turning it OFF and turning it back ON at the selected sites. This operation is performed to detect the new SIM card inserted into the 210 SE LTE modem.
- SIM Preference: This option is applicable for the 110 LTE appliance only. The 110 LTE appliance support dual SIM and you can set the SIM preference.
You can also configure LTE functionality on individual LTE appliances. For more information, see Configure LTE functionality on 210 SE LTE.
For information about configuring the 110-LTE-WIFI appliance, see Configure LTE functionality on 110 LTE Wi-Fi.
APN is the name of the settings your appliance reads to set up a connection to the gateway between the carrier’s cellular network and the public internet. You can obtain the APN information from the carrier and remotely configure the APN settings on one or more LTE appliances.
APN settings vary from carrier to carrier.
To configure APN settings:
In the SD-WAN Center UI navigate to Configuration > Mobile Broadband. Select the LTE sites for which you want to configure APN settings and click APN.
For a 110 LTE appliance, select the SIM on which the APN settings will be applied.
- Enter the APN name, Username, Password, and Authentication provided by the carrier. You can choose from PAP, CHAP, PAPCHAP authentication protocols. If the carrier has not provided any authentication type, set it to None.
- Click Apply Settings on Selected Sites.