Saving/Restoring Parameters of an high availability Pair
The System Maintenance: Backup/Restore function can be used to save and restore parameters of an high availability pair as follows:
To back up the parameters
Use the backup feature as usual. That is, log on to the GUI through the high availability VIP address (as is normal when managing the high availability pair) and, on the System Management: Backup/Restore page, click Download Settings.
To restore the parameters
- Disable high availability on both appliances by clearing the Enabled check box on the Configuration: Advanced Deployments: High Availability (high availability) tab.
- Unplug a network cable from the bridge of one appliance. (Call it “Appliance A.”)
- Unplug the power cord from Appliance A.
- Restore the parameters on the other appliance (Appliance B), by uploading a previously saved set of parameters on the System Maintenance: Backup/Restore page and clicking Restore Settings. (Completing this operation requires a restart, which reenables high availability).
- Wait for Appliance B to restart. It becomes the primary.
- Restart Appliance A.
- Log on to Appliance A’s GUI and reenable high availability on the Configuration: Advanced Deployments: High Availability (high availability) tab. The appliance get its parameters from the primary.
- Plug in the network cable removed in step 2.
Both appliances are now restored and synchronized.