Assigning a Management IP Address through the Serial Console
If you do not want to change the settings of your computer, you can perform initial configuration by connecting the appliance to your computer with a serial null modem cable. Make sure that you have physical access to the appliance.
To configure the appliance through the serial console
- Connect a serial null modem cable to the appliance’s console port.
- Connect the other end of the cable to the serial COM port of a computer running a terminal emulator, such as Microsoft HyperTerminal, with settings 9600,N,8,1, p.
- On the HyperTerminal output, press Enter. The terminal screen displays the Logon prompt. > Note: You might have to press Enter two or three times, depending on the terminal program you are using.
- At the logon prompt, log on to the appliance with the following default credentials:
- Username: nsroot
- Password: nsroot.
- At the $ prompt, run the following command to switch to the shell prompt of the appliance:
$ ssh 169.254.0.10
- Enter Yes to continue connecting to the management service.
- Log on to the shell prompt of the appliance with the following default credentials:
- Password: nsroot.
- At the logon prompt, run the following command to open the Management Service Initial Network Address Configuration menu:
- Type 1 and press Enter to select option 1, and specify a new management IP address for the management service.
- Type 2 and press Enter to select option 2, and specify a new management IP address for the XenServer server.
- Type 3 and press Enter to select option 3, and then specify the network mask for the management service IP address.
- Type 4 and press Enter to select option 4, and then specify the default gateway for the management service IP address.
- Type 8 and press Enter to save the settings and exit.
- Access the SD-WAN appliance by entering the new management service IP address of the appliance, in a web browser of a computer on the management network
- To continue the configuration, accept the certificate and continue. The option to continue varies according to the web browser you are using.
- Run steps 4 through 25 of the Configuring the Appliance by Connecting a Computer to the Ethernet Port procedure to complete the configuration process.