Install Fiber Patch Cable in Ports 10/3 and 10/4
Through release 9.3, on an appliance, SD-WAN ports 10/3 and 10/4 must be connected with the provided cable, as shown in the following figure.
Starting with release 9.3, the patch cable is no longer required, and can be omitted if:
- The appliance was shipped from the factory with release 9.3 or later, or
- The appliance was shipped from the factory with release 9.3 or earlier, but you upgrade it to later version and change the default loopback in the management service (on System > Configuration > System > Configure Loopback Settings).
If you decide to eliminate the need to use loopback cable, the ports 10/3 and 10/4 are still reserved. These ports are not available for WAN optimization.
To install the patch cable
- Connect the LC-to-LC cable to the ports as shown in the figures above.
- Insert one end of the cable into port 10/3.
- Insert the other end of the cable into port 10/4.