This section outlines the hardware and software requirements for Citrix SD-WAN Virtual Appliance (SD-WAN VPX-SE), and defines the platform dependencies.
From 10.2.6 and 11.0.3 release onwards, it is mandatory to change the default admin user account password while provisioning any SD-WAN appliance or deploying a new SD-WAN SE VPX. This change is enforced using both CLI and UI.
A system maintenance account - CBVWSSH, exists for development and debugging and has no external login permissions. The account can only be accessed through a regular administrative user’s CLI session.
With 10.2.6 release, the default password is the serial number of the SD-WAN appliance and is mandated to change on first time logon. The LOM access is also be disabled.
The SD-WAN VPX-SE hardware requirements for the hosting platform are as follows:
- Processor requirements: 4 Core, 2.7 GHz (or equivalent) processor or better.
- Disk space requirements: 40 GB of disk space
This section outlines the software requirements for the SD-WAN VPX-SE, and basic information on acquiring and downloading the SD-WAN VPX-SE software.
Operating System Requirements
SD-WAN VPX-SE Virtual Appliance supports the following server platforms:
- XenServer Hypervisor 6.5 SP1
- VMware Hypervisor ESXi server, version 5.5.0 or higher
- Microsoft Azure
- Amazon AWS
The SD-WAN VPX-SE Management Web Interface supports the following browsers:
- Google Chrome 49.0.2623112 m+
- Mozilla Firefox 43.0.4+
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.18163+
Citrix SD-WAN VPX-SE configuration requirements
Before you can install and deploy an SD-WAN VPX-SE 9.3 as a client appliance, the SD-WAN Master Control Node (MCN) and existing client nodes must be upgraded to Virtual WAN version 8.1 or above. For information on updating and upgrading your CloudBridge (SD-WAN) deployment, please refer to the Citrix CloudBridge 9.0.0 Release > Notes, available on the Citrix Documentation Portal (http://docs.citrix.com/).
The following section provides instructions for downloading the SD-WAN VPX-SE installation files.
Downloading the SD-WAN VPX-VW installation files
Before beginning the installation, you must download or copy the SD-WAN VPX-SE OVF template (.ova file) to the local PC you are using to connect to the ESXi server that will host your SD-WAN VPX-SE.
To download the SD-WAN VPX-SE installation files, go to the following URL:
Instructions for downloading the software are provided on this site.
Download the appropriate file, as follows:
To install SD-WAN VPX-SE on XenServer, download this file: cb-vw-vpx-<version>.xva
To install SD-WAN VPX-SE on VMware ESXi Server, download this file: cb-vw-vpx-<version>_vmware.ova, where <version> is the current SD-WAN SE version number.
The following section provides a summary of the steps and procedures involved in installing and configuring an SD-WAN VPX-SE Virtual Appliance.
SD-WAN VPX-SE virtual Appliance Minimum Configuration Requirements
The minimum configuration requirements for the SD-WAN VPX-SE Virtual Machine are as follows:
- Virtual CPUs: 4
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Virtual Datastore: 40 GB disk
- Management Interface: 1 (default)
SD-WAN VPX-SE virtual Appliance Interface specifications
The SD-WAN VPX-SE interface specifications are as follows:
- SD-WAN VPX-SE supports a maximum number of five interfaces.
- The first interface is reserved for use as the Management IP Address for the Virtual Appliance.
- Before powering up the new VM for the SD-WAN VPX-SE Virtual Appliance, you must configure and assign more interfaces (one each) for the LAN and WAN.
- For SD-WAN VPX-SE, bridges are not created by default for the data interface (for example, eth1 and eth2).
Supported Topology Deployments
Deployments that are supported for hardware SD-WAN Appliances are also supported for SD-WAN VPX-SE. SD-WAN VPX-SE supports both 1-arm and In-line deployments. WCCP is not supported.
In this article
- Hardware Requirements
- Software Requirements
- Operating System Requirements
- Browser Requirements
- Citrix SD-WAN VPX-SE configuration requirements
- Downloading the SD-WAN VPX-VW installation files
- SD-WAN VPX-SE virtual Appliance Minimum Configuration Requirements
- SD-WAN VPX-SE virtual Appliance Interface specifications
- Supported Topology Deployments